Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Subscene is closed

Sat May 04, 2024 10:00 am

"Subscene is closed "
unfortunately subscene.com for unknown reasons for permanently closed :(

fox123

Re: Subscene is closed

Sat May 04, 2024 11:21 am

Yes. Not a complete surprise.
The SubScene site's forum discusssions hinted at the closure for the last month or so.
I think money was the issue. I always wondered how they ran it without any advertising.
They could have tried crowdfunding or similar. Anyway, it's gone. A pity.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 11:53 am

We helped as best we could and uploaded their database here:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/profil ... r-10030650

Less than 2k subtitles, the rest were classed as duplicates with what we already had on this site. Some of their major contributors upload to OS, too, so not a total loss. Except for the fan favourites which would be their community.
All the best.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 12:14 pm

Thanks dear scooby for these intel's and clarification

HaraldBluetooth

Sat May 04, 2024 2:57 pm

Thanks for this info.

And scooby007 I appreciate your effort to upload the subscene database here, but I think, that something is wrong.

Ex: If I see all the Danish subtitles, that has been imported for the user SubSceneImport - there is only 78 subs. There is thousands and other thousands Danish subtitles at subscene, that haven't been uploaded here at opensubtitles, so I'm sorry to say, that there must be something wrong.

HaraldBluetooth

Sat May 04, 2024 4:36 pm

By the way, is there an easy way to copy all the subtitles from my Subscene account here to my account at opensubtitles??

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 5:13 pm

By the way, is there an easy way to copy all the subtitles from my Subscene account here to my account at opensubtitles??

I have an account on subscene and can't access my subs, so I don't think you would be able to access it, either. Unfortunately, the owner only gave a 24hr notice of closure.

There is thousands and other thousands Danish subtitles at subscene, that haven't been uploaded here at opensubtitles,

If there are no subs on that (SubSceneImport) account, are you sure they are not on the site under "anonymous" or another username? From what our programmer told me, only duplicates weren't transferred over. So we didn't need to transfer the whole database, otherwise there would be duplicates on this site.

Check some of your recent uploaded subs on this site and see if they are there as anonymous or so.
If you find any that were yours from subscene, you can submit a report to have them transferred to your name.
This topic will teach you how: viewtopic.php?t=2595#p8270
Particular interest would be #8 in the picture.

You're all welcome here, including the admins and have your community here for those that choose to do so.
We're just a lot stricter with duplicates and machine translations. Or we try to be. :D

If you register on the main-site (.org), don't forget to transfer your account to the new site (.com) so it's ready for the live date, whenever that may be:
https://www.opensubtitles.com/en

All the best. And welcome aboard.

@ MIS.

You're welcome, bud!
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

WeissachSubs

Sat May 04, 2024 5:28 pm

I'm one of the people who came from subscene. If you got the uploads from me, Weissachsubs and my previous name, TTEOKBOKKIsubs, hope you can transfer to them here.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 5:34 pm

Whatever could be transferred was done automatically by the system script. If you find any that are yours, you can add them to your account using the method I described above.
Sorry, but this isn't something we would be able to do ourselves manually or by simply running a data script, as potentially 100's of users could request this and we could be overrun with requests.

We'll try to help as best we can. :)

M_I_S
Subtitles Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 6:12 pm

I have an account on subscene and can't access my subs, so I don't think you would be able to access it, either. Unfortunately, the owner only gave a 24hr notice of closure
Bye bye all my subs 7835 :lol: of course not all of them :D
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 6:17 pm

Yes, but I'm sure all yours are here on this site anyway. :)

@all Subscene users:

Guys, I can see some subtitles have been deleted by our admins as duplicates. Please don't be offended by this. And please don't make more work for admins by uploading duplicates that already exist on this site.

Our admins are under-paid and only volunteers. :lol:

Feel free to contribute what hasn't already been uploaded.

HaraldBluetooth

Sat May 04, 2024 7:50 pm

If there are no subs on that (SubSceneImport) account, are you sure they are not on the site under "anonymous" or another username? From what our programmer told me, only duplicates weren't transferred over. So we didn't need to transfer the whole database, otherwise there would be duplicates on this site.

Check some of your recent uploaded subs on this site and see if they are there as anonymous or so.
If you find any that were yours from subscene, you can submit a report to have them transferred to your name.
If it now is too late to redo your subscene database search/import, it's just very unfortunate, because I'm certain, that my subs are not uploaded here at opensubtitles, and this is also true for the most part of all the other Danish subtitles from subscene.

Fortunately subdl.com (sorry for mentioning another competitor) also has imported the database from subscene. Earlier today, I became aware of this from subscene forum. Here you can see my subtitles from subscene: (My user name is HaraldBluetooth both on subscene and opensubtitles.org and opensubtitles.com)

https://subdl.com/u/HaraldBluetooth

Just take the first 10 subtitles on this list, and you can see this yourself and I haven't uploaded those at subdl.com. This is from their own subscene import. And I'm just a "little player" when it comes to Danish subtitles. There is other uploaders like Firewalker.dk, that had over 49K danish subtitles at subscene. You can change the username in the url mentioned above to Firewalker.dk and see his uploaded subtitles too. Most of these, doesn't exist at opensubtitles either.

Thanks for your warm welcome, I have been a passive downloader at opensubtitles for years, mostly other languages than Danish.

Cheers
HaraldBluetooth

nag0vel1vum3

Sat May 04, 2024 8:18 pm

Subscene had much much more subtitles for K-dramas than OpenSubtitles had and still has. For instance, here's a mirror of the Subscene subtitles for A Good Day to be a Dog:
https://subdl.org/subscene/list/a-good- ... eureobgae/
There were a few hundreds of them — some were probably duplicates, but some were also full season packs (so 14 subtitles in one) in a dozen of languages.

On the other hand, there are at the moment only 17 subtitles for that K-drama on OpenSubtitles:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ie-1377320

This is just one randomly chosen example. So, unless I'm missing something, there is a massive amount of Subscene subtitles that are not here at all at the moment. Maybe many of those imported subtitles have yet to appear on the site?

scooby007
Site Admin

Sat May 04, 2024 9:58 pm

@ HaraldBluetooth:

I saw some of your English subs are here on OS, couldn't check your Danish subs as my browser and anti-virus goes berserk on that website and doesn't let me download anything and blocks downloads. I'll get the programmer to check the file that he had again. Also bare in mind that database dump was from over a month ago as well, so nothing recent from last month or so will be in there and those will need to be done manually. I don't think it's too late, so I'll ask him to take another look.

@ nag0vel1vum3:

A lot of the K dramas that don't have a IMDb ID were problematic. Wouldn't have been a problem on the .com website, but .org relies heavily on the IMDb URL set up and relies on it's API for data. Movies/series without IMDb can be uploaded manually by giving the subs a DATABASE ID, but the import was all automated, so some without IMDb ID's may have been missed/skipped.
Maybe many of those imported subtitles have yet to appear on the site?

No, the import was done over a month ago, not today or yesterday. So if it's not here, it must have been skipped.
Again, I'll ask "oss" to take another look and see if anything can be done about it. Allow him a few days to investigate.

oss
Site Admin

Sun May 05, 2024 2:36 pm

hi all,

I tried to import all subtitles from subscene. There might be some subtitles missing - let me know which one (link to subdl.com is ok, so I see all the details).
One reason why something is not imported is multipacks - my script was unpacking everything and then trying to upload multipack, lets say 10 subtitles at one, but if we have just 1 subtitle from there, all upload fails.
If someone can verify if this is reason would be great. Also if someone can verify in other circumstances like there was just 1 subtitle on subscene and we dont have it, I need examples. DB is very big, it is impossible to go one by one.

The proper import might take time, for that multipacks I need to rewrite script, wondering how, because in database it is nnot signalled if it is multi cd (same movie, but more cd - old style), or multipacks. Anyway, probably I will just ignore all ZIP files which have just 2 files (probably old multi cd archive) and process 3+ files as individual uploads.

They will go under account SubSceneImport and then have to assign them to user.

Return to “General talk”