Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pillip

how do I put the subs in the movie??

Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:54 pm

Does anyone know how to put the subtitles in the movie so they can be seen on a dvd player??

Gonzalez

Subtitle to work

Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:30 am

Just rename the subtitle file with the same name (exactly) as that of the movie file you are trying to associate it with eg Movie name MI3.avi sunbtile b=name MI3.srt.

Hope this helps :wink:
ozyjoey

Nikephoros

Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:55 am

You are not specific enough. No one can help when you do not give info.

Do you want to convert an AVI with SRT to a DVD with subtitle tracks? Are you trying to view a burnt AVI and SRT on a DVD/DIVX hardware player?

WaterTechnique

Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:40 am

i have the same question:

I have downloaded a movie and i have the subtitles. the movie is in .avi format and the subtitles are .srt. i use quicktime to watch the movie but i dont know how to get the subtitles to work. im on a mac and don tknow if i need to get a diferent program that can add the subs ro what.

is there a way i can burn the movie and the subtitles to a dvd so they will show up on my tv when i play them on a regular dvd player?

pillip

Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:41 am

Sorry you kind of half help Gonzalez. What does this mean:
Movie name MI3.avi sunbtile b=name MI3.srt.
Do you mean subtitle not sunbtile??
I have the avi movie file on my pc then downloaded the srt file. All I need to know is how to put the subs into the avi file so I can then burn the file and subs together onto a disc. Is that really so difficult toanswer?

Gringo

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:07 pm

To "pillip":

Well "Nikephoros" and "Gonzalez" DID explain it, didn't they!?
"...Is that really so difficult toanswer?..."
First, you are being rude. Moreover, you did not answer the question posed to you by "Nikephoros" in the first place (whether or not you have a stand-alone DivX player - which is crucial).
PS: yes, "sunbtile" should have been "subtitle". It's a typo (you have them in your post as well).

To "WaterTechnique":
i use quicktime to watch the movie
You may want to check out the VLC player:
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

is there a way i can burn the movie and the subtitles to a dvd so they will show up on my tv when i play them on a regular dvd player?
You may want to google for "AVI2DVD" and read tutorials on http://www.videohelp.com/ and http://doom9.net/

But I really recomend, that you buy a new DVD-player that supports DivX-Xvid. They are not expensive, and they make your life alot easier! ( you just have to burn a data-CD/DVD with your avi(s) and subtitlefile(s) on it).

pillip

Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:58 pm

TO GRINGO

How am I being rude? Here you have a site which offers subs for foreign movies, yet there is no place on it which explains to ordinary pc users how to put the subs into the movie! It doesn't help that Gonzalez reply , (although I am grateful for it), has misleading typo errors. I already said I use a standard dvd player, which plays most things. I use nero 7 to transcode them, I don't use a divx player because most of my friends don't have one, so it would be difficult to share my movies with them.
OK How I see it so far: Say I download Moebius.avi. I rename the subs Moebius.srt. OK so far?
Do I drag and drop the subs into the avi file? If not, how do I get them into the movie?
The srt file doesn't show up in nero 7.
Obviously I am an idiot, so can anyone please explain in laymans language the way to put subs into a movie, so that the subs can be seen on my tv, via a standard multi region dvd player?

Nikephoros

Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:14 am

Download ConvertXtoDVD and do not use Nero since it is worse for this task of converting divx/xvid to DVD.

ConvertXtoDVD should automatically add subtitle tracks if you have the subtitle SRT file in the same folder. ConvertXtoDVD converts the subtitles automatically to bitmap and they work just like a subtitle track on a retail DVD, you hit the SUBTITLE button on the remote to toggle them on/off.

If the Subtitle Track is not added automatically for you; highlight where it says "Subtitle Stream" and right click to access the menu to "Add Subtitle Track" or go to the "Subtitle Options..."

And it is better if you just get a DVD/Divx player so you do not go through this process, you can just convert Divx to DVD for friends who do not have such a player instead of doing it all the time.

pillip

Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:04 pm

Thank you Nikephorus for this very helpful and plain sense reply.
I will try this method.
Meanwhile, happy pirating to you all!

pite5

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm

hi.can somebody help me?i have a movie which in "bin".how can i add the sub and what kind of sub do i need?

Phemt

Tue Mar 13, 2007 7:19 pm

Hi, i have a problem in seeing subtitle with a movie.
The movie name is DevilMan.2004.DVDRip.DivX-AXiNE and the subs are available to the same torrent found on mininova.

The srt files are named differently from the avi, but when i change the srt name file the movie does not start to play.

I use media player 9 and nero showtime, they always work with my movies.

Hope to have indicated enough info to make help easier, thanks to everyone could help :wink:

Return to “General talk”