Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ilovesrk

subtitles to the movie

Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:16 am

Hi, I'm new at opensubtitles.org and I'm not sure how to attach the subtitles to my movie on the computer. The movie's downloaded as an .avi file for DivX and I think so is the file for the subtitles. How do you put them together? (It's the subtitles for the movie Chak De India.) I could really use some help. Thanks!

Charmed220

Ditto

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:13 pm

I have the exact same question, except I also have a MPEG-4 movie that I need to attach subtitles to. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

Holly.

fugle

Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:29 pm

You need a program which can read the subs, f.ex. VobSub. You can get that here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video ... vobsub.cfm

After installing that, you can use wmp, powerdvd, vlc or whatever to play your movie.

To make the subs work properly, the name of the .avi file has to be exactly the same as the subtitle file. The two files also has to be located in the same folder. When the subtitle is running, a green "arrow" will appear in your system tray.

I hope this helped, good luck :)

Return to “General talk”