Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
wheelie1967

Need help

Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:57 am

Hi there, I am new user on this site. Can someone tell me - how to watch the movie with english subtiles on the computer and then burn it on DVD? At the moment, I am using Windows Media Player 11. I tried watching one of thhe movies with subtitles and it didn't work at all. Maybe I need to download another program to work but don't know which one?

Your help will be greatly appreicated.

REGARDS

Wheelie1967

kurosawafanatic

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:05 am

to watch it get VLC media player, i think the site is vlc.org or something similar, just google it.

to burn get convertXtoDVD, though there may be a better program depending on the format of the source file. i think they offer a trial for free, but it's easy to find a crack if you have bittorrent or similar program.

giannid

Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:40 pm

VLC plays just about everything, however I have a preference for Mediaplayerclassic. Try both.

Okay, you need to name your video file the same as your subtitle file. If your computer shows file extensions, it will look something like this:
The_Godfather.avi
The_Godfather.srt

Otherwise:
The_Godfather (video file)
The_Godfather (subtitle file)

Put the video and subtitle files into the same folder.

Burn the files to disk in Data mode - that is if you want to watch on the computer or if you have a DVD player that plays Divx or Xvid files.

I think there is a free program called divxtodvd or avitodvd or something which will convert these files to a DVD format.

Return to “General talk”