Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Petrax

Best way to upload tv series subtitles

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:33 am

Hi all.
I searched through the forums and FAQ but I could not find anything, so I ask here.

I contribute to Subsfactory, an italian team of sub releaser (especially tv series), and we've decided to upload subtitles also on this site. Some subs have been already uploaded, but before I do that I would like to know what's the best way to proceed, especially for complete seasons. Since I don't think it's possible to directly upload a zip file with all the subs inside, I think that the best way is to create a "cd" for every sub, is it right?
And a thing that I don't understand is what is the "film AKA" field, is it for the translated names? Or can I use only the name field, inserting serie name and our site? Something like:
"Jericho - Stagione 1 [www.subsfactory.it]"
I think that this should be the best way to do it (and this it how it has been done so far).

I also installed SubDownloader but it looks like that a good feature to mass upload subs is missing, alas :-(

Well, I hope I didn't say too many stupid things.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Maybe it's a known bug but I can't access to my profile from here, I tried with both Opera and Firefox but I get a message to login to home page and then click on forum link...

oss
Site Admin

Re: Best way to upload tv series subtitles

Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:35 pm

Hi all.
I searched through the forums and FAQ but I could not find anything, so I ask here.
Hello Petrax, welcome to opensubtitles. We talked about TV series a little bit, but as time being it is not definitely finished, how to best upload tv series.
I contribute to Subsfactory, an italian team of sub releaser (especially tv series), and we've decided to upload subtitles also on this site. Some subs have been already uploaded, but before I do that I would like to know what's the best way to proceed, especially for complete seasons. Since I don't think it's possible to directly upload a zip file with all the subs inside, I think that the best way is to create a "cd" for every sub, is it right?
zip files is not possible upload, and you have right, best way is create sub for every cd. You know how to work with subdownloader, the best way how to upload that is uploading all cd in one step for one season (you select movie, you select - program should find matching subtitles for that, and so on). You also put imdb number for whole serie.
And a thing that I don't understand is what is the "film AKA" field, is it for the translated names? Or can I use only the name field, inserting serie name and our site? Something like:
no film AKA means - film Also Known As, there should be name of the movie in same language as you upload subtitles, so if you upload italian subs, there should be italian name of movie.
"Jericho - Stagione 1 [www.subsfactory.it]"
I think that this should be the best way to do it (and this it how it has been done so far).
these subtitles are uploaded good, but there are some things:
Uploader comment - you should put there your www page and so on
Release - for which release (scene, group...) is good these subs
Movie AKA - you already know :)
PS: Maybe it's a known bug but I can't access to my profile from here, I tried with both Opera and Firefox but I get a message to login to home page and then click on forum link...
no, I didnt know, I fixed that, thanks! :)

Petrax

Re: Best way to upload tv series subtitles

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:45 am

Hi os!
Frist of all, thanks for your kind answer! :-)
zip files is not possible upload, and you have right, best way is create sub for every cd. You know how to work with subdownloader, the best way how to upload that is uploading all cd in one step for one season (you select movie, you select - program should find matching subtitles for that, and so on). You also put imdb number for whole serie.
I fear I won't be able to use subdownloader, at least at the moment, since I want to upload subtitles for movies that I don't own, and with that software adding the file is mandatory, in the "add more cds" popup. Instead using web form the files can be skipped.
no film AKA means - film Also Known As, there should be name of the movie in same language as you upload subtitles, so if you upload italian subs, there should be italian name of movie.
I was trying to say the same thing :-)
these subtitles are uploaded good, but there are some things:
Uploader comment - you should put there your www page and so on
Release - for which release (scene, group...) is good these subs
Movie AKA - you already know :)
Yeah, we'll try to fill all the fields for the future series. But for the old ones I don't know for what releases they were done, so I'll have to avoid it (the only info is, eventually, if the version is HR).
no, I didnt know, I fixed that, thanks! :)
Ehr, here comes anothe one ^^
When I try to upload avatar it says that only gif, png, and jpg are allowed formats, but of course I chose one of those formats (and the problem is not in the size, I chose carefully).

Thank you again! :-)
[url=http://www.subsfactory.it]Subsfactory[/url], La fabbrica dei sottotitoli

Return to “General talk”