Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
viewer1178

symbols for characters

Sun Apr 08, 2007 2:03 pm

I'm editing some subtitles in TextEdit (I'm on a Mac), and I want to know the code/symbol for é (the word being translated is 'fianceé'). When I type the symbol as such in TextEdit, the movie plays it as a different (and incorrect) symbol.

Is there a website anywhere that lists the symbol codes to use in subtitles (also umlauts)?

eduo

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:54 pm

Viewer:

I replied to this in your duplicate post somewhere else.

Return to “Programs using OS”