Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
surajsharma

Subtitle Requests for movies with no IMDB entries

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:54 pm

How do I request subtitles for movies that are not mentioned in the IMDB.
The subtitles I'm looking for are not of a new AXXO release or anything, the movie is well over 3-4 years old, at least. But not mentioned in the IMDB.
Help?

oss
Site Admin

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:27 pm

it is pitty, you dont mention NAME of movie. also it is not possible to make request for movie, which doesnt exists on IMDB, try request here...but also it is not possible to upload subtitle, which doesnt exists on IMDB, so iti is quite complicated :)

eduo

Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:38 pm

I find it strange that there are commercial movies not present in IMDB, considering even Pr0n and really obscure romanian pictures are in it. But I can understand that underground videos, amateur film and stuff like bootlegged music concerts may not be in IMDB (I'd expect them to not be there either).

I have been trying for a while to come up with a way for storing subs for movies not in IMDB and I can't find any. Obviously is not a technical problem, but IMDB provides a way to give a standard name to records and also a way to avoid having thousands of orphan records that don't really point to anything.

The only thing I have been able to come up with is a system where un-linked subs or movies can be entered in the database and they'll have an "expiration date". If nobody requests their data in, for example, 6 months, then those records and files are deleted permanently.

Incidentally, I would implement a "purge" method that deletes duplicate subtitles for the same language. When more than one subtitle exists for the same language only the highest-rated is kept and the other is deleted (if both have the same ratings then the most-downloaded is kept).

This could make it much likelier that people would rate good subtitles.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:18 pm

I think auto-deleting subtitles is not good idea. In programs (subdownloader and so on) is (and should be) sorted subtitles for same languages by rating descending.

Technically it is possible to:
1. add movie to database
2. this movie should have "internal" imdbid - start with 9 or so
3. subtitles for this movie should be uploaded with this internal imdb.

But ofcourse it is quite much work and there is more important part, which needs to be done...

Return to “Programs using OS”