Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Gringo

Additional feature: ***Report Wrongly Assigned Movie***

Tue Jan 30, 2007 9:47 am

Dear folks from OpenSubtitle.org
Dear User

First of all: respect! What a great tool this Subdownloader is, indeed.

I'm convinced that the "No files found" message will appear less and less in my future queries. But this also leads to a new problem. If there are several subs of the same language available for the file I queried, which one should I download (ratings?, all of them- and check one by one?)

*** Wrongly Assigned Movie ***

Today I made a query on a well known movie/release and Subdownloader found several Subtitles...well, first of all, that's great (people are using it).

However, among them was a subtitle that was no good. It was the right language, it also was the right movie, but it was not the EXTENDED CUT of the movie I was looking for. So it's not very usefull since you can't just fix the file by adjusting first/last line in Subtitle Workshop.

Worse. There is no way people could know that someone has "accidentally" assigned this subtitle to the HASH ID of another version, unless they check it out for themselves. So what to do in this case? I mean the movie/language is correct after all, so it is not an "Incorrect Movie"

I took a look at the webpage and there is nothing said in the "Release name" nor in the "Comments" that this subtitle belongs to a specific version, but nevertheless this subtitle shows up in SubDownloader's query...

Hopefully I did not "Over-Explain" the problem I ran into today, but I just wanted to make it clear before I suggest you my "wild" requests, which are:

a) If I find a "wrongly assigned" subtitle when doing a query with SubDownloader, I'd like to have an option to mark that subtitle as "Report wrongly assigned movie" on the web page. Just as it is the case for "Report incorrect Movie" (where you can request to list the subtitle under a different movie/language).
The "Report-wrong-data-for-subtitles" page could have this option, a checkbox labelled "Wrongly assigned" along with the current HASH ID, or whatever...

**addtional suggestion**
b) When doing the same query in Subdownloader again, I'd like to see if someone (and how many) labelled this Subtitle as "Wrongly assigned" and/or "Bad Sub".

.....does this make sense to you, my dear reader of my post?

-> again, my concern is not primarily about "Incorrect movie" but of those that do not fit the assigned movie file (in case of Specl Edt. vs. Regular Edt. , UNCUT vs. CENSORED Versions etc. this means, that there is no quick fix...).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
Gringo
Last edited by Gringo on Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:40 am

hello Gringo,

you explained that very well, and...we are thought on this in design, believe me :) Just make search in subdownloader, right click on found subtitles, "This subtitle is not for this AVI". As you can see, this is still going to subtitle report page, where you can only change language, change movie name or delete subtitles, after admin aprooved, it is done.

But you are asking for feature, when some hash will be deleted. It is definitely needed, because I have similar experience, subtitles was good in general, but not for this release.

In table, where I stored hashes and so on, I already have columns
SumGood, SumBad, but I think I will delete SumGood, and then I can sort those found subtitles according SumBad ascending, plus, if SumBad will be greather than some number (lets say 5), that hash will be deleted. (e.g. subtitle will be not found for that avi).

What do you think ? :)

Also, there is long todo list, right now I am working for usermanagement/groupmanagement system, then I have to code online translating webpage/program, and then maybe this one. Lot of work...but you will see that some day, and thanks for great suggestion!

Gringo

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:00 pm

That was quick, indeed!

The OpenSubtitle.org folks never stop working, don't they! (really impressed)

First of all, I did not realize that in Subdownloader "rightclick/Report us Wrong Info/The SUBTITLE is not for this AVI" indeed existed.

This leads to the "Report wrong data for subtitle" page, where -at the moment - this option does not exist yet, but will be there as soon as you got some spare time...great!

-> two remarks on this, though (if you dont mind - obviously you are way ahead of my thoughts, so apologies if my contribution is....well...not very useful):

a) contrary to language/movie an ADMIN can't possibly verify if "SUBTITLE is not for this AVI"...so there is no approval needed...correct?! I mean that would be Mission Impossible for an ADMIN to determin....Therefor it may be crucial that a "mentally disturbed user" can't submit 5 times in a row the same report.....

b) That field in your DB called "SumBad" would refer to the number of reports of type "SUBTITLE is not for this AVI". and you said in SD the Subs would ORDER BY this number of "negative" reports ASCENDING, untill a limit where it wouldn't even show up anymore (>= 5 reports). Well if I understood you correctly, then that would be magnificent!

Cerntainly, you first have to download, and check the sub, before you can tell if it fits to the AVI..and if you already closed SD you may not remember which one you have chosen, so it a good thing not to close SD untill the subs are checked...

Would it make sense to you that the "SUBTITLE is not for this AVI" showed up on the web page (a small icon as done with "BAD SUB")? This, of course, only if there is something written in the "Release name" field?

Have a great day, and no doubt: you are going to do it perfectly!

Cheers, Gringo

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:23 pm

You are always welcome with good ideas! And future seems be bright, just patience, SubDownloader is not last "word" :)

OK, 1.2.4 of subdownloader will be released soon, and there will be "tip of the day". All of these "hidden features" will be there.

Next, you have right, for now, it leads for the same page and it will be changed. Maybe I will code XMLRPC method for that, so you will report those subtitles directly from program!

a) Also, you have right, admin cannot verify this, it is not possible. But for all kinds of voting we store in DB user's IP adress/UserName, so he cannot vote twice for same thing, and with this sytem will be the same :)

b) exactly like that.

there are more hidden features what is going here (for example really nice algorithm for "similar subtitles", you upload subtitles in language A with subdownloader for movie XYZ, we have other subtitle in other language in same format for movie XYZ without hash, so once a day runs a program, which determine - wow, this subtitle is similar as that one, it is for one movie, so those hashes are "derived" from one to other..., it is quite hard to understand maybe, but it works great!)

for now we have:
Original hashes in database: 11641
Derived hashes in database: 5491
==================================
TOTAL HASHES: 17132

maybe I should put this to webpage. Also there will be in statistics how much users reported, uploaded and so on...but everything needs time...

enjoy :)

Gringo

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:14 pm

Muchas Gracias for your Outlook on new features,

But you said.....

***Original Hash:
A user assigned a HASH ID of an AVI to a subtitle when uploading with SubDownloader.

***Derived Hash:
A subtitle is automatically assigned an HASH ID of an AVI, by means of a "crazy" algorithm that is capable of recognizing similar subtitles, even if they are in DIFFERENT LANGUAGES ??? Just the format needs to be the same? And a third of all the assigned hash ids in your DB are already generated by this crazy thing!

C'MOM, that sounds impossible!! What are you guys doing ?!!!

This is top-notch guys!

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 30, 2007 1:24 pm

for your information, I'm coding alone this site, and this derived hashes thing was my idea too, hehe :)

ok, it works like this:
you have in every subtitle file timestamps, so I just compare them (doesnt matter, if it is same language, or other language), IMDB ID must be same, and if more than 90% of timestamps are same, we can say, that subtitles are similar :)

in reality it works very nice, I tried that on many movies/files and it works like charm. Ofcourse subtitle format has to be same srt for srt and sub for sub...

in cron I have setuped this, it is quite "expensive" comparison, so I run it once a day (for new hashes) and once a week (for all hashes in db...)

I am crazy, I know :)

Gringo

Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:50 pm

I just installed the new Subdownloader 1.2.4 version, and I must say, that this baby is a truly-nice-piece-of-work!
The Report for BAD HASH is really cool and simple (good thinking: to implement a "are you sure?" msg box before such a report is submitted). I like the new search display and the flags as well.

Again, this is top-notch, both thumbs up, and...you are definitely crazy...no doubt about it... ;-)

oss
Site Admin

Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:29 am

I just almost finished TRANSLATION module, read more in general talk. Yes, everything should work fine, and there is some more thigs to come. Also in translation module will be possible translate programs which uses opensubtitles (e.g. SubDownloader)

Return to “Programs using OS”