Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
metallidevils

question about adding subtitles to a movie...

Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:56 pm

Hello, I just downloaded the subtitles for a 700 mb AVI movie that my friend will be giving me...I have been looking into programs to mesh the two together, however, none of the websites seem to mention anything about lining up the subtitles so that they fit with the movie...is this something that the programs somehow automatically do? If it's a second or 2 off it won't make a huge difference, but I just want them to line up decently, and if the AVI starts a few seconds early or late, I hope the whole thing won't get fouled up...thanks!

Worst

Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:06 am

Do you already have the movie??

1. Read this a try to find correct subs using Subdownloader

viewtopic.php?t=145

...if you won't find anything

2. Try to search the website for subtitles fitting the same release name. (e.g. DVDRip.XviD)

3. Use some special software and adjust subtitles by hand

p.s. I don't know if I understand, but... How do you know, that the subs won't fit the film??? You have to try.

metallidevils

Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:37 am

Thanks - I won't have the actual avi until Monday, so I just wasn't sure what would happen if it didn't fit perfectly...sorry, just me being stupid, I didn't realize that each subtitle file was specifically designed for that release name

Return to “General talk”