Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
chrome307

XBMC (Xbox Media Center) and SubDownloader

Thu Jan 18, 2007 4:44 pm

Would it be possible to add SubDownloader to XBMC ??

XBMC is an Open Source Project multimedia player for the Xbox console and has the ability to add Python Scripts.

More Info:

_http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/info_project.htm

oss
Site Admin

Thu Jan 18, 2007 9:30 pm

we know XBMC, I did slovak translation to it, and my whole family has it (I bought 3 XBOX, just right now I installed 400 GB into father's one). Yes, we want port SubDownloader to XBMC, I already contacted some people, if you can, help us too, and write it to developers, or make some script, it should be easy! We want this feature too, I watch movies only through XBMC, it is the best.

Robert

Thu Jan 25, 2007 4:18 pm

I'm working on it :-)

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:09 am

can't wait for first beta :)

Robert

Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:23 pm

I'm sorry to report that XBMC integration is not going to happen anytime soon. I've been looking at the XBMC python API's and it's not possible to access virtual file systems from within python. This means I can't do hashing on non-local files. Also, it's not possible to integrate with XBMC's context sensitive menu's. Both big minuses, since this script was supposed to make things easier.

My new idea is to make a script that scans a directory-tree for movie files and automatically tries to match their hashes with the online db. This way you will always have up-to-date subtitles. Of course this needs smart caching to not place a big load on os.org servers.

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:04 pm

I'm sorry to report that XBMC integration is not going to happen anytime soon. I've been looking at the XBMC python API's and it's not possible to access virtual file systems from within python. This means I can't do hashing on non-local files. Also, it's not possible to integrate with XBMC's context sensitive menu's. Both big minuses, since this script was supposed to make things easier.
yes, I talked a bit with authors, this should be part of XBMC core to have this feature (like it is with IMDB/FREEDB and so on). For start, is maybe good just simple script working on local files :)
My new idea is to make a script that scans a directory-tree for movie files and automatically tries to match their hashes with the online db. This way you will always have up-to-date subtitles. Of course this needs smart caching to not place a big load on os.org servers.
yes, this should be the first step, I have many movies on local disc in xbox (but I often watch movies via network...in this case there should be some file in directory (like sfv), where are special hashes stored...)
Also, if you look on XMLRPC api, you can send in one request up to 100 hashes. Searching for hashes is not a problem, it is really fast, so load is not issue.

good luck!

Return to “Programs using OS”