Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ceilidhalfie

How to make a Subtitles request

Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 am

Hello there. Can anyone tell me how I request a subtitle for a TV EPISODE? When I try to complete the request form search does not find an IMDB number (whih seems to be a key requirement for any request). Hope you can explain.

SimplyTheBOSS
Site Admin

Re: How to make a Subtitles request

Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:42 pm

Hello there. Can anyone tell me how I request a subtitle for a TV EPISODE? When I try to complete the request form search does not find an IMDB number (whih seems to be a key requirement for any request). Hope you can explain.

Why don't you go and check number from imdb? I think that's easiest way to solve the problem.

http://www.imdb.com/

ceilidhalfie

Re: How to make a Subtitles request

Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:06 pm

Hi many thanks. When I first searched IMDB I could not see the IMDB ID for the episode. I tried the "ttxxxxxx" number of the URL page and bingo - the request system used it. I must say it is not very obvious ( to a first time usesr) where the IMDB number is!
As I am new to Opensubtitles, how likely is my request being successful? Here in the UK, the BBC only showed a couple of episodes (Il Commissario Montalbano) but that was enough to get me hooked. I can download most of the episodes but unfortunately they do not come wioth subtitles.
Thanks again for your response which got me searching in the right direction.

Return to “General talk”