Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
waqas

How to retrieve info from procedure calls and store in Java

Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:57 pm

I wish to make a SubtitleDownloader in Java. My question is that when we retrieve info using CheckMovieHash2 or some other procedure call, the information returned is to be stored in what way ? A String array perhaps, and how to know what format will it be in ? In fact, what info is returned when we even call the InsertMovieHash function ? Where to find Java-related information about the functions ?

oss
Site Admin

Re: How to retrieve info from procedure calls and store in J

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:48 am

I am not programmer in Java. But I think, you have to use some XML-RPC library, play around a little bit - that means read documentation, call some method using XML-RPC java library, and see what it returns.

Also, we got uploader on website, where is JAVA sourcecodes available, so be inspired.

Trek

Re: How to retrieve info from procedure calls and store in J

Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:43 pm

I have used apache xml-rpc http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/ and then it is just working with standard java types, movie hash is string and so on. Source code for downloading subtitles is 250 lines of code or so ...

Return to “Developing”