Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
dan1e1w

Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry Michael, I've had a few DNS issues over the last few days (weeks?) Try again. Alternatively I can be reached at daniel.walker at gmail.com.

I finally got some time to add support for hearing-impaired subtitles. I've just submitted to the app store, it should be with you in a few days.

Dan.

WMH

Re: new app: Subtitles for iPhone

Mon May 03, 2010 9:35 am

Hi
I've downloaded the subtitles App and the first time I used it there was no problem. I think it's great-really useful. However since then I haven't been able to access any films even the ones I had downloaded before. I've tried reinstalling twice but no joy. It keeps telling me there are no matches for any film I tried.
WMH

dan1e1w

Fri May 07, 2010 3:24 am

Apologies WMH, a change was made to the opensubtitles API that caused the app to stop working. I submitted a patch two days ago – It should hit the App Store any time soon.

Thanks for your patience,

Dan.

dan1e1w

Wed May 12, 2010 4:15 am

Unfortunately I've just been notified by Apple that the latest update (which addresses the issue that prevents the App connecting to OpenSubtitles.org) has been rejected due to copyright infringement.

Interestingly enough they haven't removed the App from the App Store, they're just rejecting my updates. If I can get the guys to allow my Auth Token through without User Credentials (which broke version 1.7 of the App) then the existing App will start to work again. I'll hold off removing the App altogether until I know for sure we can't get 1.7 to work.

Sincerely apologies to those of you that bought the App. I've got my fingers crossed we'll be able to get version 1.7 working and at least prolong the death of this App until Apple yank it altogether.

Thank you for your support,

Dan.

mckeeganwrx

Wed May 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Maybe you should consider posting the App to the Android Marketplace, it won't get "rejected" there. Thank you for your efforts.

mcjanger

Fri May 14, 2010 4:51 pm

I have posted an article on Abledbody.com on the current situation with the Subtitles app:

http://bit.ly/9Sm8Gx

Return to “Programs using OS”