Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kiziu13

DownloadSubtitles and results

Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:16 am

Hi. I have some problems with downloading subtitles in VB.NET. SearchSubtitles works perfectly, returns some IDs, which I convert to array of integers so DownloadSubtitles can obtain them. As it turns out, it downloads one of them or worse, none. I tried three different files, with 4, 2, 2 found IDS, and downloaded 1, 0, 0 files. I have no idea why it happens.

Example data for 2 / 0 file: h:aac0303517c44c77 s:577450090

Example data for 4 / 1 file: h:c1029850d8747f66 s:367370804

Any hint will be helpful.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:20 am

please write here what are you searching for (SearchSubtitles and its parameters), and DownloadSubtitles() and its parameters, so I can look closely on it, whats happening. Can you download those subtitles from website ?

kiziu13

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Code: Select all

Proxy.SearchSubtitles(LoginToken, SearchData) where: LoginToken - string with token obtained while logging in searchdata - array of structures subsearchdata
For array with 1 structure (eng c1029850d8747f66 367370804 0898266) I get IDs: All of them are downloadable from website, as You can see.

Code: Select all

Proxy.DownloadSubtitles(LoginToken, IDs) where: LoginToken - ditto IDs - array of integers
For array with 4 integers (listed earlier) I get only 1 subtitle file (for 242301)

I check, whether number of obtained IDs equals the number of downloaded files. I tried 4 different videos, none of them gave the right response. Sometimes, I get InvalidCastException, when I try to cast data. Weird...

[Added later]
As it turns out, I get status code 206 (missing file for 3 remaining IDs).

[Added a bit later]
Problem solved! When I generated IDs array, I used wrong ID, IDSubtitle instead of IDSubtitleFile. I didn't notice name identity in both Methods. Forgive me my carelessness :)

Return to “Developing”