Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
the_masch

Support for LRC format

Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:50 pm

Hello,
I'm planing to build a plugin for the Rhythmbox music player that supports LRC format. I want to know if it is possible to use your database to download and upload LRC information, they are subtitle to. As you might know, Rhythmbox music player is totally free, so I am not searching any monetary gain.

Thank you very much.
masch...

oss
Site Admin

Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:25 am

hi,

I know LRC format, and I was thinking some time ago to support this format. Can you estimate how much "subtitles" are in this format? It is not big deal to support this format, but I am not sure, if it is good idea (it is music lyrics vs movie subtitles).

the_masch

Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:22 am

I was using MiniLyrics software and there are millions of "subtitles". The thing is that this file should works better with Artist and Song Name, I do not thing that we should use hash method. Is it possible to use your database in this way?

Thank you very much.
masch...

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:42 pm

can you show me somewhere "millions" of lyrics, please?

For opensubtitles, I think it is not so good idea implement this, because Artist - Album - Song is compeltely different area. But why not in opensubtitles2 ? Did you find some system, which enable to do that?

the_masch

Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:14 pm

Yes, sure, for example MiniLyrics, You can download the plugin for a software that it supports and you can test it. Is it what you are asking me? I tested it with Wine.
The bad thing of MiniLyrics is that it is not total free, it is not open source, it does not run in Linux and you must use their API to use it.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:48 pm

ok, I see. I was on that webpage, and I can not find out, where thay have API, or how much it cost. I thought lyrics with API (similar like opensubtitles) already exists.

Put Lyrics on Subtitles site is not good idea at all. If there really doesnt exists anything like that, my friend have lyrics site (I know there are millions of lyrics site), so he can do something about it.

Back in time, when I was searching for LRC I found only around 4000 song, all other was in TXT format (no timestamp, which suxx).

the_masch

Tue Dec 29, 2009 8:12 pm

There are not official API, you have to ask it to the admin, but this API cannot be used with another program. This API must be call with MiniLyric application, so you have to install their application and then you can use theirs APIs. I'm thinking about something like OpenSubtitle web service, where everyone can use it as you want, that's one of the good thing of Open source application.
Is it possible to support LRC format with another web service?

moonreflection

Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:28 am

I am also interest in how to automatically search or download .lrc file. I wrote a karaoke software player that will play mp3+lrc to overlay with video background. It would be nice to be able to let user download .lrc if not exist.

My software can be found here. http://www.walasoft.com/walaoke

mciociola

Re: Support for LRC format

Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:41 pm

Hi guys,

we do have , as musiXmatch :

1) an Official Lyrics API - pls check our alpha version http://developer.musixmatch.com
2) An LRC (subtitle API) (actually with 5 track but we're adding more) http://developer.musixmatch.com/wiki/tr ... le-get-1-1

Pls feel free to contact us and let's build an extensive LRC Official DB.

Best

www.musixmatch.com

Return to “Developing”