Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
scooby007
Site Admin

ALL VISITORS, SUBBERS AND EDITORS!

Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Firstly I’d like to start by thanking all up loaders subbers/editors for their contribution to the subtitling community.

The reason there is a vast amount of subtitles is due to the fact that people out of their own generosity provide this community with their time, obtaining subtitles from around the globe and bring them to this site to share with everybody else. As well as making it easier for them to find the desired subtitle. Granted, sometimes these subs can be awful, but they are all that’s out there at that particular time and someone always comes along and gives them an edit. (Thank you to the editors).

To meet this high demand, sometimes up loaders have to upload 100’s of subs a day, the quality of these subs can’t always be checked. This falls down to the user. The user can verify if the sub is worthy or not.

If you think this is a bad idea, then you’ll be waiting a hell of along time for the perfect sub.

On the chance that the subtitle is faulty, then kindly let the up loader know of the problem and I am sure they would gladly rectify the fault as well as up load a better version for you. If it exists.

On occasion I edit subtitles which be clearly marked as ‘edited‘, as there are others who also practice this, please note not all subtitles are edited.

On occasion I personally have been known to upload subtitles without giving them a thorough check. Lately I was notified a sub was incomplete and I responded straight away by removing the fault and uploading a better version. (Not a problem).

When you come across a faulty subtitle, let the up loader know of the mistake kindly, or just rate the subtitle to make other users aware.

Please bare in mind that up loaders don’t get paid, they do what they do for you and the community and all they should get in return is a little appreciation. Not your ignorance, arrogance or vile comments.

So… I hope this has been quite informative and we can all stop treating subbers/editors or up loaders with discontent or impertinence.

It’s not as though you’ve purchased, or been ripped off with a faulty electrical item bought over a, Wal-Mart counter. So you shouldn’t expect your insolent behaviour to be taken lying down.

Please remember, this is for you and it’s for free. Lets practice some etiquette.

Thank you.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:12 am

not a lot replies as I would expect.

I just must to agree with your post and I wish everybody should view this from this perspective...

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:30 pm

Thank you OS. Atleast somebody understands.

eduo

Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:33 pm

Several people understand. Just not the ones you want to, sadly.
http://eduo.info/
[url=http://eduo.info/soleol/]OpenSubtitles from your desktop: SolEol for Mac/Windows/Linux[/url]
[url=http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php?showtopic=325&st=0&p=2480&#entry2480]My current episode processing work flow[/url].

Return to “General talk”