Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
PlatypusPedersen

Error - The session with the server OSDB has been closed.

Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:16 pm

<edit> Sorry, didn't notice there already was a topic about this. </edit>

The program worked perfectly fine for a while, but suddenly this error came out of nowhere:
This message comes up about every 15 minutes or something.

To try and fix it I did:
First I tried to log in as the message suggested, but that didn't help.
I tried to first uninstall the program and make sure the folders and files were gone from the program files directory, and install it again, but it didn't help.
I then uninstalled the program, but the message still comes up.

I'm runnning Windows XP Pro with SP2.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:09 pm

thanks for report. It is quite funny, I will discuss that with main and only developer :)

cameny

Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:52 pm

well, also I've been using version 1.2.2 and it was more or less ok. nice new experience. :D

installing v1.2.3. posed the problems cos I was using your updater and proposed procedure and old version was still in memory.

after starting v1.2.3. and order to search subs for some movie, it stays in some loop forever, and taking all resources (processor occupancy 97%)

trying to reinstall and even install again v1.2.2. didn't help.

hope it'll be fixed soon cos is nice prog.

feature proposition:
as i'm putting often multiple languages it will be nice goodie that prog recognizes languages automatically from the file name.

eg.:

film.english.srt = english
movie.french.sub = french (français?)
movie.hr.txt = hrvatski (croatian)

etc.

thx for listening

oss
Site Admin

Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:36 pm

well, also I've been using version 1.2.2 and it was more or less ok. nice new experience. :D

installing v1.2.3. posed the problems cos I was using your updater and proposed procedure and old version was still in memory.

after starting v1.2.3. and order to search subs for some movie, it stays in some loop forever, and taking all resources (processor occupancy 97%)

trying to reinstall and even install again v1.2.2. didn't help.

hope it'll be fixed soon cos is nice prog.
thanks. Ivan is quite busy nowadays, but he can look on that. Just uninstall and install 1.2.3 and click slowly on buttons :) it should work. Also did you serched for multiple subtitles, or ?
feature proposition:
as i'm putting often multiple languages it will be nice goodie that prog recognizes languages automatically from the file name.

eg.:

film.english.srt = english
movie.french.sub = french (français?)
movie.hr.txt = hrvatski (croatian)
thats nice idea - if I understand, it is for uploading. When subtitles is somemovie.hr.sub it should be automatically selected Croatian language and so on. Do you also use long names as somemovie.croatian.sub ? Because there should be many possibilities and I think standard is to have 2 characters there (hr).

Thanks for viewing :)

capiscuas

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:46 am

Please update your Subdownloader.
https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+download

thanks.

Return to “Programs using OS”