Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
meisam_t72

Subtitle Upload Error: Duplicate File Detected

Sat May 04, 2024 4:19 am

Hello.
I am trying to upload a subtitle, but it says "We already have this subtitle file uploaded as MI.Dead.Reckoning.Part.One.2023.BluRay.720p.1080p". I haven't uploaded this subtitle before, nor have other translators uploaded a subtitle with the same name.

What's the Problem? Please, check it out.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle Upload Error: Duplicate File Detected

Sat May 04, 2024 2:43 pm

Hello.
I am trying to upload a subtitle, but it says "We already have this subtitle file uploaded as MI.Dead.Reckoning.Part.One.2023.BluRay.720p.1080p". I haven't uploaded this subtitle before, nor have other translators uploaded a subtitle with the same name.

What's the Problem? Please, check it out.
Hi,

If that message appears, it is because you are trying to upload a subtitle that is
the same as another that already exists on the site.

It doesn't matter if someone else hasn't uploaded it yet with the same name.
The translation and synchronization must be the same as what already exists on the website.
That's why that message appears.

You can click on the link : "We already have this subtitle file uploaded as MI.Dead.Reckoning.Part.One.2023.BluRay.720p.1080p"
And compare with your subtitle.

IMAM000

Sun May 05, 2024 11:38 am

I have uploaded the above subtitle but it is in disabled list, how can I correct this? I corrected the subtitles from translation
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... /borgia-en
Borgia.COMPLETE.SEASON.02.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-EPSiLON

Funchalense
Site Admin

Sun May 05, 2024 3:06 pm

I have uploaded the above subtitle but it is in disabled list, how can I correct this? I corrected the subtitles from translation
Borgia.COMPLETE.SEASON.02.1080p.BluRay.REMUX.AVC.DTS-HD.MA.5.1-EPSiLON
It's because probably you must not have made many changes to the subtitle.
That's why that message continues to appear.
I could even activate the subtitle, but I don't know who deleted it and why, but...
You can try to change the subtitle sync, for example in the 1st line and in the last one, 1ms i think is enough for you to be able to upload.

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun May 05, 2024 3:21 pm

Is this one of your subs: https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... desires-en
And did you upload on: 30/04/2024?

It doesn't show who disabled that file, normally that only happens when the site split your subs and categorized them individually under each episode. Season 2 has EPSiLON version subs already uploaded. Check them first please:
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearc ... ovie-84427
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

IMAM000

Sun May 05, 2024 8:12 pm

Can you please delete this so that I can upload again properly

scooby007
Site Admin

Sun May 05, 2024 8:21 pm

"These subtitles were disabled, you should not use them!" Means it has been deleted.
If you answer my above question, I may be able to help further.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Funchalense
Site Admin

Mon May 06, 2024 2:32 pm

From what i understand he want to upload a correction of that subtitle.
He said it himself in a post above "I corrected the subtitles from translation
https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/subtit ... /borgia-en"
And so if the message continues to appear
it's because probably he must not have made many changes to the subtitle.

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon May 06, 2024 4:41 pm

Hey Func,

Hope you're well.

A correction of the disabled subpack or a correction of the machine translated subtitles already under season 2 on the website?

He also said:
I have uploaded the above subtitle but it is in disabled list, how can I correct this?
That to me means he wants them enabled, it may be easier to just re-enable that subtitle that was disabled and split the episodes accordingly, but he hasn't answered my question or made himself clear.

He didn't disable that file himself. His subpack is for S02 EPSiLON, and EPSiLON English version (machine translated) already exists on the site uploaded in April. If he hasn't made any further changes to the new upload he's trying to do, it might be better to just enable the disabled file. Dunno what language his subs are, either.

I'll let you help him as I'm going to be away for a few days. Too many cooks spoil the broth. :D

Return to “General talk”