Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
zelea202

Re: Getting the message Become opensubtitles.org VIP member everytime I download subtitle

Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:46 pm

For kodi just install a4ksubtitles and don't bother with VIP.

It's funny how this site is called "opensubtitles" but then they require payment.

Don't worry, subtitles are very small files in size, you can host all subtitles on a single hard drive so in time
they will find another home and opensubtitles will become irrelevant.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Getting the message Become opensubtitles.org VIP member everytime I download subtitle

Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:50 pm

hi, open doesnt have to mean free. Also you clearly dont understand what is going on, we want to "kill" old API, so people can move to new API, where you can be free. So in your vision, we should just shut down old API and thats it ?

Also if you would be developer of similar site, you would have more idea...anyway, anybody can do what they want :)

Mondriaan

Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:30 pm

Thanks, seems to be working again with the .com adress in Kodi.

Michael23

Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:33 am

Hi
Im using Kodi with addon Opensubtitles and a4ksubtitles
how you add com there? my opensubtitles and a4k (that search from open) still is showing subs with that vip text..
how did you add there .com site?

Jan de Uitvreter

Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:21 pm

Hi
how you add com there? my opensubtitles and a4k (that search from open) still is showing subs with that vip text..

Since a view years Kodi's OpenSubtitles.com add-on is located at the repository.

● Installing method

This add-on is installed from the Add-on browser located in Kodi as follows:

► Settings
► Add-ons
► Install from repository
► Subtitle services
► OpenSubtitles.com
► Install
► Fill in your username and password from your openSubtitles.org account)

☀ TIP:
Eventually double check your username and password also by opening openSubtitles.com via web-browser on PC

Note:
Undoubtedly, OpenSubtitles is still the biggest and most convenient and best site to download subtitles available on the internet

ImageImageImage

Tonycubed2

Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:05 am

I would gladly pay the 10 euros to support the group but i could not implement the vip membership in my zidoo player.....
so i can not do anything about it.....sadly....
you can make it work, I did. but it is a PITA. Open subs could have done this in a nicer way, giving a 60 day warning and contacting ziddoo, plex, kodi, etc and let them know to get an udpate ready that takes paid accounts. this way of doing it sucks.

anyhows.

do it the old way. sign up. get the proer srt from the web site, or cloesest match lile always. rename, in your computer, the srt to the same name as the movie, but extension .srt .

real example, I just did this one:

the movie is : [rec].mkv
so name the srt: [rec].srt

the movie name rec actually has the [ brakets in the name. do not add them for your movie.

last, copy the srt file to the smae folder where you keep the movie, in whatever drive. your player willpick it up as an external srt and let youpick it.

with this movie the 1080p srt i ofund was off sync with the time of the movie, i had to adjust it +3,25 seconnds using my zappiti and the new software they are making us pay for now.

but most movie players let you adjust the sub title timings.

this will get you by for now. has been the way for over 20 years.

zelea202

Mon Jan 15, 2024 2:19 pm

I don't. That's the whole point; a4ksubtitles is an aggregator so it will get subtitles from different sites.
There is no recent movie that I couldn't find subtitles from other sites.
Non-mainstream languages or older movies may suffer without "opensubtitles" but in time
you'll have more choices from the "opensubtitles" competition.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:30 pm

@Tonycubed2 - we annoucment this almost 2 years ago, we send 3 mails to developers, we put it in subtitles downloaded via API, we did everything to prevent this. We dont want to wait for another couple of years, after developers "wake up" (if they ever will!)

So no, we couldnt make this in nicer way, because we did it in the most possible nice way :)

check this out: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17930

Return to “General talk”