Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Monkey415

Getting the message Become opensubtitles.org VIP member everytime I download subtitle

Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:29 am

I am using Kodi app on my Xbox Series X. I've used it for over a year and it works perfectly fine.

Usually, the message pops up and goes away shortly, today it stays on the screen throughout the movie.
Is there a way to get rid of it?

coharris

Re: Getting the message Become opensubtitles.org VIP member everytime I download subtitle

Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:45 am

I'm getting the same behavior on an Android device. It started last night.

ams_sharif

Re: Getting the message Become opensubtitles.org VIP member everytime I download subtitle

Mon Jan 01, 2024 1:07 pm

I'm also getting the same message on my Zidoo

wolfanger

Mon Jan 01, 2024 2:34 pm

Api reached end of life and will be available just for vip users.
See viewtopic.php?t=17930#p47873

harakiri13

Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:14 pm

Can i reactivate it in my zidoo if i become vip member?

krikke68

Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:06 am

There's no need to become vip.
Use the addon opensubtitles.com instead of opensubtitles.org.
It works for me.
You have to register on the .com site first.
There's a procedure to transfer your account credentials from OS.org to OS.com.
Good luck.

harakiri13

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:24 am

I do not use Kodi so i can change the add on
I use the media player of zidoo,any idea if there is a solution for that?

TheGent

Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:30 pm

Yeah this sucks - every add-on in Kodi I have tried uses the OpenSubtitle API...not so "open" anymore, it seems...

This is an incredibly annoying, intentional change on the OS dev's part. I must be honest, I don't exactly keep up-to-date with all the happenings of the Open Subtitle API changelog and must've missed they were gracelessly pulling the plug on it...unless you pay them 10 Euros...in Bitcoin of course and there's countless forum posts here talking about how VIP has its own issues anyway, so there's no guarantees anyway.

I'd consider it if I could pay via Paypal - 10 Euros a year isn't outrageous. I was happy with the adverts embedded in the sub files...they have just gone with the most graceless clunky way they could have gone about it.

oss
Site Admin

Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:41 pm

hi,

the story is simple, either we turn off old API, or we make it accessible for VIP members, we need to move api to new servers - api.opensubtitles.com - old api is XMLRPC, century old...

with sponsored subtitles - KODI have own terms, and did not allow us to put any sponsored content there. Also this doesnt cover servers.

VIP works ok, if not, we are here to solve problems.

If you want to pay by paypal, DM me (the best is anyway to do it online using fast spring)

dfc31298

Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:49 pm

I got also this message.
The opensubtitle.com addon in kodi seems to be working.

harakiri13

Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:37 pm

I would gladly pay the 10 euros to support the group but i could not implement the vip membership in my zidoo player.....
so i can not do anything about it.....sadly....

oss
Site Admin

Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:45 am

we can do together - contact developers of player to implement new API

Yoda6677

Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:05 am

Same problem in Kodi for me. Tried to become a VIP and pay the dues with my credit card or Paypal but unsuccsesful
CAn somebody help me with the payment?
I also installed the opensubtitles .com add on on kodi, but I cannot find the subtitles I'm looking for there.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Jan 03, 2024 2:27 pm

you just PM me, sure we can help :)

Return to “General talk”