Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Mickolo

I done goofed up (BD vs DVD release SRTs)

Thu Dec 28, 2023 8:40 pm

So I was super excited to upload some subtitles (SRTs) for the new BD release of Babylon 5, and I did (because the existing DVD derived ones, at least in my experience, don't line up quite right), BUT how can I after the fact differentiate my uploads (so far only season 1) from the OG uploads from 2 million years ago? Or do I just need to somehow nuke the existing ones and figure out a way to designate these as BD release SRTs?

Thanks for any help!

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Re: I done goofed up (BD vs DVD release SRTs)

Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:28 am

Link to instructions for correcting and updating of subtitles:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2595

I spot checked subs and noted for reference while you are correcting:

Subtitles I checked are all SDH and this was not flagged. Please note and update HI designation.

MT (Machine Translation) is checked, but I believe you stated source as BD. This would not be applicable if your source is EN pgs.

No FPS is stated, typically 23.976 for BD.

Hope this helps.

Return to “General talk”