Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
DJLightray

I uploaded the wrong srt file for one episode, now I'm stuck

Sat Nov 18, 2023 12:17 pm

So was uploading a bunch of episodes of a show. I accidentally uploaded one of the srt files to the wrong episode. I disabled that and uploaded the correct one. So far, so good.

Then I went to upload that srt file to the correct episode, and it tells me the file already exists (and takes me to the disabled file). I tried changing the srt file after re-enabling but that did not work. Is this something that can't be fixed through the web UI? Basically the wrong srt needs to be *really* deleted (or renamed) so I can upload the srt file to the correct episode and with the correct filename, but I don't see any way to do this.

Thanks

oss
Site Admin

Re: I uploaded the wrong srt file for one episode, now I'm stuck

Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:04 pm

Hi

it doesnt need to be deleted, just you need edit information of uploaded subtitle, right ? So you go to uploaded subtitle details, then you click "correct subtitle" and then you edit what is needed.

DJLightray

Sat Nov 18, 2023 4:05 pm

There is nothing to edit. I cannot upload the srt file to the episode I want, because that srt was already uploaded to another episode (by accident). Since 'deleting' a subtitle entry only disables it, the filename is still in the database and still associated with the wrong episode. You cannot change that filename, or disassociate the file from that episode. So if you try to upload that same file to a different episode, it won't let you, it says the file was already uploaded. I really just need to be able to *delete* the original upload completely from the database, not just disable it.

mrtinkles
Subtitles Admin

Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:45 pm

Please check now, updated to align episodes with your naming nomenclature of SxxEyy and episode title. Seems to be in agreement now.

https://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search ... 2/season-1

In the future, you can make corrections on subtitles that you own by following the directions in this link:

viewtopic.php?t=2595

DJLightray

Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:42 am

Thanks for taking care of that. I also uploaded the one missing S01 episode so it's now complete.

Return to “General talk”