Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Kngstnguy

FileBot - 403 Forbidden error

Sat Oct 21, 2023 9:26 pm

Good afternoon (or morning, or evening, depending on your timezone!),

After working fine for months, suddenly FileBot is not able to automatically download subtitles when renaming movies and tv episodes.

I've verified my account credentials in the app - entering bogus ones to get an error and then the correct ones to verify the correct username and password.

When attempting to download the subtitles for a single file or multiple ones, the following error appears:
WARNING: Client Error: https://dl.opensubtitles.org/en/downloa ... 8017089.gz [403 Forbidden]

The filename will change depending upon the subtitle needed, but the 403 Forbidden error appears every time. It was working fine up until last night - nothing in my configuration on FileBot or the computer has changed.

I have two internet connections in my home from different ISPs - the issue occurs on both of them - one of them is only used for work, so has no "negative" behaviors associated with it that might have caused a flag.

bobbie424242

Re: FileBot - 403 Forbidden error

Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:32 am

Same here for Android app:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18372

Lucky4Me

Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:58 pm

They 're changing alot on opensubtitles.

RSS-Feeds: First my IP got banned, after years of using, then with VPN, RSS-Feeds started to work again and a few days later, after Cloudflare integration, RSS-Feeds stopped again.

Filebot; same here. can't download nothing anymore.

I can download from the site itself, but to download, i have to spent a half day to check if there are new subs for all the series and films.

Please make it back working!

low-batt

Sun Oct 22, 2023 10:32 pm

Is FileBot using the XMLRPC API?

IINA is also failing when downloading using the XMLRPC API. See my post: Cloudflare Blocking XMLRPC Download

According to OpenSubtitles.org API deprecation and end of life downloading through the XMLRPC API will not be possible after 2023-12-31. If FileBot is indeed using the XMLRPC it will need to convert to the REST API before the end of this year.

low-batt

Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:45 am

In the topic Download requests result in http error 403 "Forbidden" Open Subtitles responded indicating the problem has been corrected. I just finished testing IINA and downloaded worked for me.

DO NOT forget about the end of 2023 deadline to convert to the REST API as discussed in OpenSubtitles.org API deprecation and end of life. Might want to check that the FileBot developers are aware of this.

Return to “Programs using OS”