Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Adr1an1122

English subtitles for Pacific Blue Seasons 2 3 4 5

Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:15 pm

Hello,
Just completed the Season 1 for this series, and since the 2 3 4 and 5 have Youtube automatic subtitles, I was wondering if I can update the episodes with my transcribed ones. I know I can upload them separately, but I think it would be much better to update the existent ones.
What do you think is best ?

urkexia

Re: English subtitles for Pacific Blue Seasons 2 3 4 5

Wed Sep 06, 2023 11:56 pm

You do realize there are official subs available right? Needs to be ripped. You don't need to do them manually.

scooby007
Site Admin

Thu Sep 07, 2023 5:19 pm

Hello,
Since you've already done the hard-work, and if not possible to do what urkexia suggested, then I suggest you upload them separately. You can only upload as version 2 (V2) if you were the original uploader. Or an admin can do it, but that is just too many seasons and episodes for us to dedicate the time for by going through them individually.

Best and fastest method:
After you have uploaded them, create a report to the admins so they can delete all the machine trannies instead.
Thank you for your hard-work.

PS:
If you've only transcribed season 1, it will be faster to rip the official versions, if you can. If you're not able to do that instead, no problem. :D

PPS:
I just noticed season 1 was uploaded by you originally, you can update your own subs as V2 yourself. Click edit, then: Sub Filename CD1 (update) : (click on that "update" button and select the new file).
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Adr1an1122

Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:03 pm

Okay.
urkexia told me how to rip the subtitles for the rest of the seasons.

"After you have uploaded them, create a report to the admins so they can delete all the machine trannies instead.
Thank you for your hard-work."

So, after I upload a subtitle for Season 2 Episode 1, I go to edit and leave a comment then report ?

scooby007
Site Admin

Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:52 am

So, after I upload a subtitle for Season 2 Episode 1, I go to edit and leave a comment then report ?
Yes and no. Submit report on the sub that needs deleting, not your sub.
Give the link to the series page with the correct language setting and just stress which episodes need deleting and why (i.e: Season 2 episodes 1 to 10 in the English language by Anonymous need deleting because....).

The comment in the original sub that needs deleting should be clear and concise. If the other subs aren't machine translations, then the whole report may be denied. Then wait for an admin to take action. If nothing happens in several days, then report here.

Don't report one-by-one, submit report when the whole season is uploaded. Saves time and effort.

Best of luck.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies who collect your data. Click below image for more details and reduce your online digital footprint.

Adr1an1122

Mon Sep 11, 2023 6:20 pm

I left a report comment to delete all the auto subs for season 3 4 and 5 and only the first episode for season 3 was deleted.
Could you do this, except episode 1 for season 3 ?

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:22 pm

Just checked.
Retail subtitles for those seasons/episodes need to exist first. Maybe that's why the admin didn't delete the other subtitles. Make the report again after uploading the retail version for the full season 3, etc, and request again with linking this topic URL in the comment box (instruction to the admins).

Adr1an1122

Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:49 am

I see. Thanks again.

Return to “General talk”