Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Roman_Khr

light-weight Movie shifter / Movie synchronizer

Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:30 am

Hello,
I was confronted by difficulties with movie subtitles. They display earlier than I need it. Movies assist me in my English studying. I watch and hear but I do not understand all yet. In that case my eyes go down at subtitles. But it relates to next phrase that will be said. And I have to return slider back each time when I need to understand what is said at screen. It is uncomfortable. So I solved this problem. I wrote mega small application to shift subtitles appearance time. Furthermore it resulted simple in use.
I could provide you this application with exhaustive help for general usage. I thank you for your work that I may get subtitles to any movie. And I want to contribute my share.
Roman
ceasor(a)yandex.ru

P.S. It likes at Adjuster but much friendly and easier.

railspike

nice - but...

Sun Jun 21, 2009 6:44 pm

sounds quite useful - but what does it do exactly: does it just shift the display of the subtitles by an offset at playback - or is it actually an editor to edit the subtitle files to create a new file that is in sync?
and - even more important: where is it anyway? is it free software? is there a place where we can get it and take a look? sourceforge project? is there a name for your app? and: does it work on linux?

eagerly waiting for answers... :-)

Return to “Developing”