Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

Re: Failed to add subtitles

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Just tryed to upload subtitles for the movie (imdb id 137079) via the site, but got the message: Unsupported format. But the file format is in the list of supported - .srt

It starts:
00:02:19,392 --> 00:02:21,030
My tits!

00:02:21,432 --> 00:02:23,150
Where are my tits?

01:27:21,373 --> 01:27:24,968
Listen, l'm a woman with balls.
Don't say l never told you.
What is the problem?
those subs seems ok. just be sure they are not UTF16 or UTF32. If you cant check - send me them and I will look.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Aug 05, 2007 9:06 pm

Hello,

I've been trying to download French subs for Straw Dogs, without success. Are any links broken? Here is the URL I'm writing about:

http://www.opensubtitles.org/fr/search/ ... uageid-fre#

Thank you for any information that can resolve this problem.
thanks for informing me - I just fixed the error.

eduo

Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:03 am

My tits!
Where are my tits?
I have to get this movie.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:58 am

My tits!
Where are my tits?
I have to get this movie.
lol :) it seems like Shortbus :)

Friendlic

Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:35 pm

those subs seems ok. just be sure they are not UTF16 or UTF32. If you cant check - send me them and I will look.
You are right, they were UTF. Ever going to support UTF on the site?
lol :) it seems like Shortbus :)
Like Shortbus, it's gay themed german movie Lola + Bilidikid (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137079/) :) Haven't seen it yet, just found the subtitles.

The_RedBurn

Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:47 pm

I'm trying to send a corrected version of subtitles downloaded here but, me too, I have the problem about the unsupported file format.
This can't be possible since this file comes from here, with just typos fixes.
Here it is (zipped).

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:05 am

Here it is (zipped).
ok, you can do that now. problem with your file was - time stamps are in unusual format:

Code: Select all

00:00:20,440 --> 00:00:26,390 X1:000 X2:719 Y1:002 Y2:574
Problem was those XY positions...

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:06 am

You are right, they were UTF. Ever going to support UTF on the site?
UTF-8 is fully supported I think. Send me that file and I can look on that.
Like Shortbus, it's gay themed german movie Lola + Bilidikid (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0137079/) :) Haven't seen it yet, just found the subtitles.
looks nice! thanks for tip :)

The RedBurn

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:17 pm

Here it is (zipped).
ok, you can do that now. problem with your file was - time stamps are in unusual format:
[
Thanks. I've noticed the message about Subdownloader, so I used it.
But I think it should be made more visible, because i didn't noticed it the last time I went to the upload page (Aug 21, 2007), or wasn't it there already ?

The RedBurn

Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:40 pm

The IMDB ID lookup tool doesn't work very well here.
I'm using Firefox 2.0 and when I click on the link of a movie, the search window is closed but the IMDB ID isn't entered in the textbox.
It used to work.
Tried in safe mode and with IE.

And now a suggestion : perhaps would be better to show the languages names (in the language selection menu) written in the languages, like for Wikipedia by example (you can use the names from Wikipedia and sort them like there).

The RedBurn

Thu Aug 23, 2007 3:00 pm

I changed (actually, set, because it seems there wasn't any) the email for my account "The_RedBurn" that I created unnecessarily (it seems that the account from the site is also good for the forum).

But I got this email back :
ا The_RedBurn,

لقد تم توقيف حسابك في الموقع "OpenSubtitles.org" , قد يرجع ذلك الى تغييرات قمت بها لمعلوماتك الشخصية. حتى تقوم باعادة تشغيل حسبابك عليك الضغط على الوصلة التالية:
Maybe the language should be changed.

spacebirdy

Icelandic

Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:34 pm

Hello, please could you activate the language "Icelandic"
It is not available in the drop-down-menu, therefore I can't upload nor search subtitles with this language,

thanks in advance

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:06 am

The IMDB ID lookup tool doesn't work very well here.
I'm using Firefox 2.0 and when I click on the link of a movie, the search window is closed but the IMDB ID isn't entered in the textbox.
It used to work.
Tried in safe mode and with IE.
pleae write me URL where it didnt work, because I tried that right now and it seems it is working. Tried in FF and IE. My prefered browser is OPERA and there works everything.
And now a suggestion : perhaps would be better to show the languages names (in the language selection menu) written in the languages, like for Wikipedia by example (you can use the names from Wikipedia and sort them like there).
yeah, you have right on this issue, and I will think about that.

oss
Site Admin

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:08 am

I changed (actually, set, because it seems there wasn't any) the email for my account "The_RedBurn" that I created unnecessarily (it seems that the account from the site is also good for the forum).
yes, it works like that...

But I got this email back :
ا The_RedBurn,

لقد تم توقيف حسابك في الموقع "OpenSubtitles.org" , قد يرجع ذلك الى تغييرات قمت بها لمعلوماتك الشخصية. حتى تقوم باعادة تشغيل حسبابك عليك الضغط على الوصلة التالية:
Maybe the language should be changed.
[/quote]
hm, thats interesting, because if you are using english version of site, you should receive only english mails.

The RedBurn

Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:36 am

pleae write me URL where it didnt work, because I tried that right now and it seems it is working. Tried in FF and IE. My prefered browser is OPERA and there works everything.
It's when I try to correct a subtitle id (this one is actually correct).
When I click on an id, it's isn't put on the textbox from the parent window.

EDIT : And as we're talking about it, it would be nice to set the focus to the textbox from the popup window.
This can be done by adding

Code: Select all

onload="document.search.search.focus()"
to the <body> tag.
I'm not sure it will work thought since the form and the input have the same name (they shouldn't).
hm, thats interesting, because if you are using english version of site, you should receive only english mails.
Well, I'm using the french or english version but never the arabic version.

Return to “General talk”