Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
pinkedge

how do i hardcode subs into avi?

Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:33 pm

can anyone suggest a program that can hardcode sub files and movie into one single avi file?
thank you

LeapinLar

Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:04 pm

You can use this program:

http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

This program will allow you to have the subs "attached" in a single file, not hardcoded. But if you have a Divx compatible player you will not know the difference.

Another option is VirtualDub, which will recode your avi with the subs hardcoded onto the picture. It's a lot more difficult to use, but does a nice job. I use it for hardcoding subs for use on my PDA, which does not have subtitle support. You can read about it here:

http://www.virtualdub.org/index

LeapinLar

pinkedge

Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:03 pm

oh wow
thank you very much

LeapinLar

Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:42 am

pinkedge, I did reply to your Private Message. LeapinLar

seoxperts

Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:33 am

What kind of file you need to moved :?:

jasonclark10

Re: how do i hardcode subs into avi?

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:11 am

Hardcode means that you must reconvert the video and then will you harm the video quality. Use for example latest handbrake beta or xvid4psp.I've done it successfully using Avidemux. Use these builds, they're fresh out of the oven and seem to work well.

Return to “General talk”