Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
oss
Site Admin

How to fix Empty downloads

Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:49 am

For unknown reason http://www.opensubtitles.org was added to some list of domains where FireFox is blocking downloads.
In meantime we contact developers and remove our site from list, you can do following:

How to fix zero size downloads in FireFox on Windows:

1) Click DOWNLOAD (beta) on website

or

1) once you clicked on DOWNLOAD button on website, open in FF downloads (CTRL+J)
2) you have to click on "Open"
3) file will be in your default download folder

or

1) if there is Download (beta) button on

1) use other browser, Chrome, Opera or Edge should work normally

or (not recommended)

1) FireFox: Menu -> Options -> Privacy & Security
2) Unclick checkbox in Block dangerous downloads

More reading: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ho ... is-blocked

commando

Re: How to fix Empty downloads

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:25 am

1) FireFox: Menu -> Options -> Privacy & Security
2) Unclick checkbox in Block dangerous downloads

This is the only solution that works for me but, I don't want to do it. If anyone else has any other idea, I am all ears. How did this happen to ff? It's very ef'd up.

In the meantime, I'll keep using another browser to access this site. Thanks for the solution.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Mar 13, 2019 5:06 am

we added Download (beta) button which will fix this issue.

praecept0r

Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:25 pm

I have experience clicking on subtitle and Nothing happens. Sometimes the site appears to be completely whacked (a scientific term).
Chrome browser.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:26 am

Hi

did you tried Download (beta) button ? As we said before - it is usually caused with adblocking or other extension in browser, so javascript is blocked, so website is not working properly.

Return to “General talk”