Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
Kuban

Translation Help

Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:50 am

Hi. I'm translating the movie "Hunger" to Turkish by listening. During the translation I couldn't understand some words. I uploaded the mp3 files to RS. I'm waiting for your help. Thanks.

Download

giannid

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:40 pm

It's pretty hard to understand those northern Irish accents, especially without having seen the film. I've tried to put down what I can understand, but it may not all be correct.

12-13-14: About an hour later he hears about ... banging coming from the granny's room. So his dad walks up to the granny's room and there's a wee fellow having a go at the granny. And the wee fellow turns around and he goes, "See, it's not so fucking funny when it's your mom."

95: I remember a homily you did at mass one time.

102: Stampeding comes in handy down The Falls Road. RUC hit me! [RUC = Royal Ulster Constabulary]

118: Too many scoundrels will be saved in Belfast anyway. Busy work, aye!

124: (I don't understand, but it sounds like this): Still goes potion? Poten jobs.

164: You know he's going to put your hand up and have a piece of that? Aye!

215: There's a scratch humongous from under the city.

Again, I'm not sure if all of this is correct.

Kuban

Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Thanks a lot.

giannid

Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:13 pm

You're welcome.

To add: by "having a go at the granny", they mean he was having sex with her.

Return to “General talk”