Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
n00b

USERLOAD AUTOUPLOAD

Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:12 pm

Hi. Can someone explain what is "USERLOAD AUTOUPLOAD". I see this comment more and more often this days, but only on subtitles uploaded by "Anonymous" users.
Does it have any connection with the fact that many subtitles have more than one hash?
Take this one for example:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/pl/subtitl ... orter-3-pl

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:10 pm

USERLOAD AUTOUPLOAD is message from Dziobias RAR player, it implements auto-upload like AllPlayer. You can see that, when subtitles are uploaded firt with this player...

n00b

Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:30 pm

Thanks for your reply, os. But you didn't answered why some subtitles have so many hashes.. i mean this is normal?
I'm assuming this leads to many "false-positives", for example one can search for a movie subtitle and gets results for a totally different title.
Please share your thoughts on this. Thank you

oss
Site Admin

Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:08 pm

I enabled those subtitles, so...:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/pl/subtitl ... orter-3-pl

open it and then you can click movie filenames with each filesize. As you can see, there are many different filenames and all seems all right. So no, there should be no false-positives.

Background: when someone watch movie with similar subtitles, those subtitles will be sent to os with moviehash, after analysis they will be matched to closest ones...you can read more about that in Duplicate subtitles thread.

Cougar_

Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:28 am

It seems you're wrong. Screen show everything. The part of list that isn't seen on the screen looks almost the same - people from Romania like to use this program too ;).
This program must have something fucked up with autoupload implementation too, because it very often upload subtitles from different movie - perhabs it upload subtitles without checking how long they are watching or the threshold isn't so high like in allplayer.

Something is fucked up with procedure that compare subtitles on server side - it accept even the same subtitles - look at subtitles size

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 pm

ok, I will investigate this, looks really like something is wrong :)

Thank you!

Cougar_

Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:12 pm

ok, I will investigate this, looks really like something is wrong :)

Thank you!
Strange is that the server procedure of compare subtitles works fine for movies uploaded by allplayer - problem dissapear since you introduce those rules earlier.

It looks like those rules are not applied to subtitles uploaded by dziobas rar player.

oss
Site Admin

Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:26 pm

thanks for investigate this, I will look on it and with this help I can find error sooner.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:04 pm

ok, I know the problem, and working on solution :) it is caused by SUB, because even subtitles have same sizes, their md5 are not same. Also timestamps are different (+-1 frame) and I didn't code this fuzziness. I will think about what will be best for this, have to study more "duplicates"

oss
Site Admin

Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:09 am

ok, I implemented fuxxiness comparing, should work now like a charm. I also disabled all Polish subtitles matched by algo, so please send next sreenshot of same subtitles, I hope it will be better now.

Also you can test it. This comparison is made only when uploading as anonymous user.

Return to “General talk”