Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
caoladder

Search subtitle by movie name seems case-sensitive

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:46 pm

Hi all,

first, the API is simply superb, it is a perfect match for our upcoming service, so huge thank you for that!

In our service the user can search subtitles by movie name. If I search for "The Walking Dead" and pass the season and episode also I receive proper results, but if I search for "the walking dead" along with the season and episode values, I receive nothing. "the Walking Dead" is not working either, only if I pass the exact "The Walking Dead" then I get results.

Here in the forum I already looked for the issue, and according to a topic (viewtopic.php?f=8&t=14156) the site admin claims to have solved this issue as it was an existing bug.

Just in case, I use something like this in Python.

token = ...
content = []
content.append( { 'query':name , 'sublanguageid':'eng' , 'season':season , 'episode': episode} )
resp = server.SearchSubtitles(token, content)

Thank you for the help in advance and for the amazing API OpenSubtitles! :)

oss
Site Admin

Re: Search subtitle by movie name seems case-sensitive

Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:57 am

please post exactly which parameters are not working. For me it is working this

Code: Select all

array('query' => 'the Walking Dead', 'season' => 1, 'episode' => 1) array('query' => 'the walking dead', 'season' => 1, 'episode' => 1)

caoladder

Re: Search subtitle by movie name seems case-sensitive

Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:24 am

Sorry for the false-alarm, I found the bug, it was on my side. Admins can delete the topic if they wish.

Return to “Developing”