Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
sanshinron

API search works different from searching on website?

Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:17 am

Hi,

I'm making a script to download all french subtitles. I need them cause I want to build a frequency dictionary of spoken French.

The problem I have is that when I search on the website, I can specify only language, year and genre and I will get a list of movies no problem. However, when I try to do the same through the API ({'sublanguageid': 'fre', 'movieyear': '2015', 'genre': 'adventure'}) I get nothing. Seems like I have to specify 'query' parameter, which defeats my purpose.

I would like to avoid scraping regular website. How can I download all french subtitles through the API? Of course I'm gonna respect the free access and make my script slow.

oss
Site Admin

Re: API search works different from searching on website?

Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:23 am

Contact me in PM, API is not built to download subtitles like that.

Return to “Developing”