Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like this extension?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
I don't know
No votes

Total votes: 1
Cougar_

ZasysaczNapisow - context menu extension to download subs

Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:43 am

This is a 32 bit shell extension to download/upload subtitles from/to opensubtitlles.org and napiprojekt.pl. In 2.9 version Sublight server has been added so now it support 3 independent sources of subtitles.

Important: program is a shell extension, so it will be loaded into address space of program you use as file manager - windows explore, total commander etc, so if you want download subtitles, those programs should have internet access (on firewall).

Program(interface) is in english and polish language.

It adds your own options to context menu, so you only need to click on movie, choose one of options and subs will be downloaded/uploaded.
It is possible to switch betwen two views - all option are visible in main menu or in submenu - configurable in options panel

Extension was created for polish users and reality, but can download subs in any language from opensubtitles.org and SubLight servers, so others can use it too.

It automaticaly convert downloaded subtitles to MPL2 or SubRip format and filter them by removing advertisements (it is possible to turn this off)
Filtering recognize only polish and some english words commonly used in adverts so for other languages it may not be so effective - it will remove only email and web links.

It is possible to multiple upload subtitles, just select few movies and choose upload option. Subtitles should have the same name as movie - with or without language sufix(ISO639-1 ISO 639-2). (movie.avi => movie en.txt, movie.en.txt, movie eng.srt, movie.srt etc. )
Upload option dynamicaly adjust themselves to language you have set in windows so there should be always your language and english in upload section

Multiple download is possible too, but is not recomended for servers with multiple subtitles per movie(opensubtitles, sublight) - program will always ask which subtitles should download for movie.

Program is in beta stage, so you download and use it at you own risk.

http://www.strong-gg.info/down/get.php?id=57
Last edited by Cougar_ on Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:04 pm, edited 7 times in total.

oss
Site Admin

Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:38 am

you meant "from/to OPENsubtitlles.org and polish napiprojekt." ?

Cougar_

Sun Sep 21, 2008 2:56 am

yes of course, i should read my post at last once before press submit button ;)
Mistake corrected.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:50 am

thanks. if you are developer:

there is - Other Options (SubtitlesOrg) - we are OpenSubtitles.org :)

- upload subtitles under SubtitleOrg - there is no need to have en/pl language, you can call XMLRPC method DetectLanguage() and then upload

- should be nice put a link on OpenSubtitles.org title in menu.

Good start overall. In which programming language is used ?

Cougar_

Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 pm

thanks. if you are developer:
yes, I wrote this program.
there is - Other Options (SubtitlesOrg) - we are OpenSubtitles.org :)
I have corrected this little visual bug is source code, wait to the next release.
- upload subtitles under SubtitleOrg - there is no need to have en/pl language, you can call XMLRPC method DetectLanguage() and then upload
I think, there should be only 2 options, local language and english - people should upload subtitles only in their mother(native) language and universal language(english). I think everyone even if their system isn't in own language, set appropriate national encoding to read correctly documents. Those principles are used to choosing automaticaly program language - polish when polish encoding is set localy on windows, english in other case(for main options).

If you don't use ISOxxx-2 in your API, this program will work as I described but without manualy created language(to leazy to do that) table it's not possible. Miscrosoft has implemented this standard just in Vista, earlier versions know only ISOxxx-1 ;).
I tested mguesser - C implementation of detectlanguage algorithm, and if I good remembered he wouldn't detect corrcttly every language of files I was using to test him, so I think my solution is better.
Do you test efficacy of your implementation ??
- should be nice put a link on OpenSubtitles.org title in menu.
I prefer to avoid any content that looks like advertisement especialy in menu. If I do that then people will lynch me. Links in menu aren't acceptable for most people o mayby I should even say all of them. so there isn't even link to my website
In which programming language is used ?
C/C++, compiled by MS Visual C++
It implement COM interfaces needed to work with ContextMenu.

Cougar_

Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:06 pm

New 2.9 version.
For changes read first post.

Return to “Programs using OS”