Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

After voting results remain the same

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:06 am

First of all, thankyou for the good work you've been doing here at OS.

With so many subtitles for the same movie, I choose the files that I download first by the votes they get. I know it's not a reliable system, but it works for me so far.
To give my contribute to the cause, I try to vote everytime I get a very good subtitle or a very bad one. Thing is, after voting I get no change in the results.
What can be wrong?

--
Gomez

LeapinLar

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:14 am

OS changed the voting system so that Anonymous votes do not count. I notice that your screen name does not show up on the posting you just made. I assume you do have a screen name or you could not have posted to the forum. That may be the problem, your screen name does not register so the system thinks you are anonymous.

oss
Site Admin

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:36 pm

hi, you cannot vote if you are not logged in, login dialog should popup, you need to have JS enabled. what is also your username / userid ?

LeapinLar

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:21 pm

Gomez, I got your private message, but again no screenname showed up, so I cannot reply.

LeapinLar

cgomes

Thu Aug 28, 2008 5:45 pm

Private message from me?!!! I have just logged in and I've sent no private message about this issue.

Anyway, I noticed that, although I was looged in, no username was appearing on the top of these site's pages. So I logged out, and in again.

Solved. Everything seems to be fine now. I even voted successfully.
JS was enabled, cookies accepted and password introduced. Can't think of what could be causing this.

Thank you all for your help.
--
Gomez

LeapinLar

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:28 pm

Gomez, it must have been someone else, sorry. I am glad you got things working.

LeapinLar

cgomes

Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:38 pm

Looks like there's some problem with the log system. I've just seen another post in this forum without any username in it.
This is it: viewtopic.php?t=1327

Return to “Developing”