Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.

Do you like auto-upload subtitles?

Yes, definitely, good idea!
63%
Not at all
25%
I don't know, what it is?
13%

Total votes: 16
oss
Site Admin

ALLPlayer

Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:20 am

Hello All,

we worked closely with Polish developers of ALLPlayer , and they first implemented automatic upload feature in their AllPlayer, also some nice features. I tested it, it looks really promising.

We need your feedback, what do you think about it, also we have some reports that is not working properly on Slovakian, French or Chinese Windows - so if you have one of them, please download it and test it, here on my English windows xp is working properly :)

Thanks.
Last edited by oss on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLPlayer

Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:14 pm

Thank you Os, for introduction. As you know we aim to help people get the best out of subtitles, that's why we have invented IQ Text that helps to read subs too long or wrong structured. But the main goal was to enrich subs data base of Opensubtitles by uploading subs well displayed. There might be some limitations on the program, but we believe that due to your help we can make it better. Please write all cons on pros of the player so we could fix it quickly for the sake of Opensubtitles.org stakeholders.

Andy

Arczibalek

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:24 pm

This Player rocks, but can you explain me how to use muxing subs to be played on my DVD?

ALLPlayer

Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:30 pm

With new version of ALLPLayer 3.5.6.3, once you watch movies with Instant Subtitles, you can click right button of the mouse and choose "Convert" >> DivX Muxer. This will turn external subtitles within DivX 6.0 Container and will display on your DVD player. In fact it's muxing not converting - so the process will last 30 sec and the movie quality will remain untouched.

ALLPlayer

Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:29 pm

We have added Video tutorial on http://www.youtube.com/allplayerwordpress of ALLPlayer that includes module for downloading from Youtube movies to the local HDD enjoy.

:D

oss
Site Admin

Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:05 pm

are you sure it is by allplayer ?

I am working with guys from allplayer closely, it is not them fault.

ALLPlayer

Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:43 pm

Thank you OS, I know that there are some other Players that upload subs making the same issues we had at first time before.

There is latest version at our allplayer.org site that is called 3.5. Is important to make sure that people use "latest" version with all enhancements that have been made.

[/url]

ALLPlayer

Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:51 pm

New add on just was released for ALLPlayer - its YouTube to ALLPlayer that downloads videos from youtube on PC

maciek1984

Opensubtitles with allplayer fit perfectly

Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:32 am

I downloaded English subs to all my movies on HD in a while. Super!

g0at

Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:28 am

hi guys, I'm new to the forum. first of all, congratulations for your web site! very useful!

I tried this software, the basic idea it's just great, this "little" player have a lot of useful functions, one of those I would like to use is to implement subtitles directly to the avi file, for that I go to convert > divx muxer as you suggest in this thread, and it looks like the operation get succesful completed, but after the software finish the conversion, it doesn't create any .divx file, of course I correctly checked the destination folder. any explanation to this "problem"? I even search *.divx files with windows search, without any success.

another question is if it is possible to synchronize the subtitles directly from allplayer, actually I've used an extneral software.

thanks in advance for your help.

ALLPlayer

Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:08 pm

HI g0at, thank you for question. First of all ALLPlayer uses two types of technologies that enable you to add subs into the AVI file.
1. Its muxing - this is by use of DivX Muxer and works ok, but sometimes due to "fps" can get some error. This is sth we can not help, due to DivX bug. This muxing helps to play xsubs within the file on DVD/DivX Certified Devices. The good thing is, due to the bitmap structure - if you have bigger screen, the subs are getting bigger, while with txt, sub files you have to enlarge them manually.
2. Its using AVI container to add subs automatically, so you don't see them but for sure they are in the AVI. The process is automatic, if you check in the Setup right position. This AVI can be played on any Player, so its not new Container, but we did figure out how to add subs, cover, movie info and 3D Menu + DRM/Password protection.

About the sync of subtitles. With Opensubtitles - you don't need this due ALL is searching the server and gives you already right subtitles, its not using as you know file name search, but the sum control, so - there is no need for it.. but if you have already any subs, you can go to the SubEditor and all you can imagine without need of using external editor, you can change fps, write new subs line.. please check it and you will love it :)

For those who don't like to meddle with the subtitles, there is unique function that is used for subtitles and for voice lektor - IQ Text. Its written algorithm that check the length of the movie and cuts the subs in the right moment, so you will never miss reading.

I hope you like it. I can tell you that even more cool things will come very soon in new version 3.7

g0at

Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:39 pm

HI g0at, thank you for question. First of all ALLPlayer uses two types of technologies that enable you to add subs into the AVI file.
1. Its muxing - this is by use of DivX Muxer and works ok, but sometimes due to "fps" can get some error. This is sth we can not help, due to DivX bug. This muxing helps to play xsubs within the file on DVD/DivX Certified Devices. The good thing is, due to the bitmap structure - if you have bigger screen, the subs are getting bigger, while with txt, sub files you have to enlarge them manually.
2. Its using AVI container to add subs automatically, so you don't see them but for sure they are in the AVI. The process is automatic, if you check in the Setup right position. This AVI can be played on any Player, so its not new Container, but we did figure out how to add subs, cover, movie info and 3D Menu + DRM/Password protection.

About the sync of subtitles. With Opensubtitles - you don't need this due ALL is searching the server and gives you already right subtitles, its not using as you know file name search, but the sum control, so - there is no need for it.. but if you have already any subs, you can go to the SubEditor and all you can imagine without need of using external editor, you can change fps, write new subs line.. please check it and you will love it :)

For those who don't like to meddle with the subtitles, there is unique function that is used for subtitles and for voice lektor - IQ Text. Its written algorithm that check the length of the movie and cuts the subs in the right moment, so you will never miss reading.

I hope you like it. I can tell you that even more cool things will come very soon in new version 3.7

thanks for your answer! subtitle editor it rocks! but my problem with the muxer is not solved, the software does not create any .divx file, why??

I just click -convert > divx muxer - then I get a confirmation of the succeful operation, but the file doesn't appear anywhere! that's my problem. please help me man.

I've also noticed that the translation in english is not totally complete, but I guess you already know about that, hope will be fixed.

solved that, I'll keep this player as default, and I'll also donate cause I want to use the liveupdate option.

ALLPlayer

Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:09 pm

I don't know which version you have of the Player. Upgrade to 3.6. . For the muxing I'm surprised that you don't see the DivX file. First please watch movie if the subs are diplayed properly - right button of the mouse and use mux subs, after 30 seconds you will get message that is sorted and in the same catalog that was first movie you will see DivX icon. I did play this on DivX Player, and during having playback - right button and pick subtitles on... plays very good.

Regarding ini file, we've made new one, but Agile process of releasing new version didn't go well with translations this file that you can find in the catalog ALLPlayr/Lang

PS. I didn't mention, but I did the DivX file as I wrote this 5 minutes ago.

g0at

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 pm

I don't know which version you have of the Player. Upgrade to 3.6. . For the muxing I'm surprised that you don't see the DivX file. First please watch movie if the subs are diplayed properly - right button of the mouse and use mux subs, after 30 seconds you will get message that is sorted and in the same catalog that was first movie you will see DivX icon. I did play this on DivX Player, and during having playback - right button and pick subtitles on... plays very good.

Regarding ini file, we've made new one, but Agile process of releasing new version didn't go well with translations this file that you can find in the catalog ALLPlayr/Lang

PS. I didn't mention, but I did the DivX file as I wrote this 5 minutes ago.
I did everything you mentioned but no .divx get created. I have last version.

anyone else got the same problem? maybe I'll try to re-install it, it's a very uncommon problem.

ALLPlayer

Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm

lets someone else try this and compare.. folks ..?

Return to “Programs using OS”