Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
carlfredrik.ostlund

Format conversion of Subtitles (Mac)

Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 am

Hi All,

I am in serious need of some help here. I have received some subtitle files from a client in a .rtf-format. The problem is that i need to include these subtitles in Handbrake in order to rip a series and burn in the subtitles, and Handbrake only accepts a .srt-format.

Is there any application for a MacBook that converts the subtitle file from .rtf to .srt out there that you are aware of or have been using?

Any help och tips are highly welcome, i am in a real jam atm!

All the best,
CF

jcdr

Re: Format conversion of Subtitles (Mac)

Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 am

A Rich Text Format file can be anything.
Have you tried opening it with Subtitle Editor or Subtitle Workshop?
Otherwise if there is no copyright issue, you could upload it so we can have a look.

Return to “General talk”