Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
maav

Subtitle request, but no IMDb ID exists

Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:25 am

I know I'm not supposed to request subtitles here, but I can't ask for a subtitle for an interview at the Request Page, because there is no IMDb ID.
I'm from Brazil, and I'd like to make a Portuguese subtitle for this interview:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9DD2Ct6fWc
So I'm looking for somebody who could make an English subtitle, because there are some things I can't understand, so it would be very helpful and I'd be able to make a proper Portuguese subtitle.
Thanks and sorry for requesting here.

(Edit by SmallBrother: Topic title edited, to better reflect the question and answer)

SmallBrother
Site Admin

Re: Subtitle request, but no IMDb ID exists

Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 pm

If no IMDb ID exists, you can create an opensubtitles.org movie ID:
- Go to the request page and click on "Search",
- In the next window, fill out the name of the movie, for example the youtube ID or youtube title,
- Check the results, to see that no opensubtitles.org movie ID already exists,
- If your title doesn't exist, click on the link "add new movie" at the bottom of the search results,
- Add your own title and year - an OS ID will be created.

Now you can use this OS ID to make a request.
Nowadays a VPN is a must for everyone. A VPN allows you safe surfing and protects you against spying governments and companies.
I advise AirVPN - from € 2,75 per month. Click the below banner for more info.

maav

Re: Subtitle request, but no IMDb ID exists

Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:05 am

Thank you, I'll try this! (:

Return to “General talk”