Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
heldmar

Oscar G2V15

Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:20 am

I just downloaded Oscar G2V15 and I can't download any subtitle. It just would say "Failed to download selected subtitles..."

Is that happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

animal99

Re: Oscar G2V15

Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:50 pm

started happening recently... can't figure it out. Tried resetting all but login's to default.. still nothing. BTw. Login works ok. - Get XXXX Logged in Sucessfully. (Or something like that).

if I can't figure it out - I'm going to try re-installing it.

animal99

Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:28 pm

I just downloaded Oscar G2V15 and I can't download any subtitle. It just would say "Failed to download selected subtitles..."

Is that happening to anyone else?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I found the answer in a post for an earlier version by a user named MAJKY... I remember now reading that post and finding his solution worked GREAT!

Here is the quote of the User Majky's answer:
Delete the movie cache file (cache\movies.omc file in your oscar directory).

That should fix your problem.
Once again, look in where you installed OSCAR... and inside there, look for the Directory CACHE.

Delete the file "movies.omc" - and you'll find OSCAR's downloading will work again!

JustMe

Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Hi,

Sorry, removing the cache did not help me :-(

/Lasse

animal99

Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:24 am

JustME -
Sorry It didn't work for you. WE SEEM to be the only one's having this problem. The last time I had the same problem, the programmer who wrote this program gave me this response when I contacted him about how I'd solved the problem:

(DIRECT QUOTE)

.........................................................................................................................
Re: OSCAR G2V10.1

Postby Majky » Thu May 12, 2011 6:50 pm
1) if you read (or searched) this topic you would have found the solution (on previous page)
2) the movie cache file is not included in the release (it's automatically created when you first run the application, so a fresh install always fixes the problem)
3) the movie cache file is very important as it improves performance by caching the video file hashes. The purpose of this cache obviously isn't to "cause problems" and it most definitely will be included in future releases.
.........................................................................................................................

As a fellow user, I tried to give what help I can, with what worked for me on the same problem with a previous version... Like you, I also tried deleting the cache file that previously worked for me. Perhaps you can try YOUR luck at getting help from the programmer MAJKY. As you can see from this quote, his attitude leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm having the same problem as you, with ver 15 (version 16 on BETA VERSION download).... and the old trick doesn't work and I can't personally find a solution on this website.

Here is what I've tried:
1) Deleting "Movies.omc" in cache folder
2) Fresh Install
3) Re-reading forum and performing search on Google for both "Oscar g2V15" "Oscar g2v16" and "Subtitles won't download"

I'm currently using Windows version 7 now, on a different PC ... when I first encountered this problem I was using WinXP+SP1 on my original PC .... and the programmer has previously posted on various posts that he doesn't have time to investigate problems. So Good luck finding a solution but if you DO, PLEASE let me know!

goulloux

Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:25 pm

I do confirm that I have the same problem as all of you ... this would be strange that we all have the same probleme at the same time.
So my guess would be more a problem of communication between the application and the source of subtitles (guess opensubtitles ? ^^)

Majky
Site Admin

Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Due to unexpected server-side changes in the API the subtitle file downloads stopped working in versions prior to g2v17 that I've released today to try a quick-fix for this issue.

Try downloading the updated beta version G2V17 at http://oscar.dunres.sk/ ...

Hopefully this will fix your issues.

Regards, Majky ...

goulloux

Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:04 am

Yeah, seems to be working (at least for my first test)
Thx mate

animal99

Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:02 pm

New Release - V17 is working.

FINALLY I have a working sub downloader, when I thought the problem was at my end and all previous solutions and troubleshooting didn't work! :)

BTW... Majsky, your previous BETA v16, kept returning V15 on the ABOUT panel.... or your link was to previous V15 on your download page. I thought you should be told.

Thanks again for fixing problem.

I'd like to request you post a STICKY when a future problem arises on this forum... so users of your program, like me, will know A problem has been found and a FIX is in the works. Sure would save USERS a lot of troubleshooting time!

Thanks again for a very useful program.

JustMe

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:51 pm

Works for me, thanks

Return to “Programs using OS”