Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
sarathkcm

My Movie Manager

Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:44 am

Hi all...
I've been trying to build a software which can manage one's Movie collection. Finally I believe that the first version is finished.

My Movie Manager it is....

Give t a try... All details are here.... http://experimenter.x10.mx.. and the download link too....

It will scan your computer for movie files, identify them and create a local database containing the details of all movies.... it works as a front end for your movie collection, enables search, filtering, favourite list etc..... goto above mentioned site for full feature details...

It has nothing to do with subtitles, though I'm planning a subtitle download feature in future versions....

I haven't had any chance to test my software on many different computers. Tested only in 4-5 computers, including mine.. So if the program does not work, please see the .log file in the installed folder and message that content here or in my website http://experimenter.x10.mx... I would really appreciate that help.....

Hoping the best responses from all... :)

oss
Site Admin

Re: My Movie Manager

Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:19 pm

I would try it, but I program is for Windows only, so...somebody tried that program ?

Also, it would be nice to add subtitles support I think :) just be sure, it will not download too much subtitles at once.

sarathkcm

Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:55 pm

I got mixed responses, the cons being low quality icons, some movies getting wrongly identified, some weird ascii characters appearing in cast, plot etc, etc...... So I'm considering to rework the entire program again in vb.net, with OS and TMDb as information sources........

I didn't added subtitle support because it seemed to be much complicated for a beginner like me.... I'm planning to implement it in the new version, But rather than using API, I'm planning o direct the users to OS website, with hash and language included in the url..... :)

Coded in vb 6.0 ,, no way i can compile it for linux platform.... :(

oss
Site Admin

Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:35 am

anyway, for beginner it seems nice. Sure, you can do, when user click on "subtitles" it will open browser and redirect to opensubtitles. Using API is easy, as you can see, so there is really no problem to use it. It is just question, which services you want to implement.

Slowly...

samchn07

Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:48 pm

Really it's a good idea to manage their movies. I like movies and i think this is a big problem to manage movies and watch on specific time. I like it and want to use it must.

Return to “Programs using OS”