Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
eduo

Anti-leech limits and other questions

Fri May 09, 2008 11:57 pm

Hello, there. This is most probably for OS.

Just wondering, here:

1.-What are the limits for the downloads? My client is able to parse full disks for missing subtitles and autocheck for automatic download.

This means that some users may drop a whole disk in the icon and by the time we realize it they've downloaded 1 thousand subtitles.

Since there are limits to how much we want to simplify things for users, I was wondering what limits are being enforced in the webserver to comply with them and not try to request more than possible.

-Is there an upper limit for querying or for XML results?
-What's the limit of subtitles a user can download? (they're not validated so I guess it's controlled by IP, not username).

2.-I just noticed I should be asking for an AGENT string for the client I created. It's name will be "SolEol". What's the process for this? Is there one already? I'm using SubDownloader's agent string at the moment.

3.-array CheckSubHash seems to return several values. "0" means "doesn't exist" but in the example I can see 1 and 3. What are the possible values and meanings?

4.-array SearchMoviesOnIMDB is great if you have the IMDB already. Could something similar be done to search by movie hash and bytesize? This would help auto-filling the imdb details for a new subtitle of an existing file. Something like "array SearchIMDBInfoFromHash"

5.-I will only detect the language in the name of the subtitle or use the user's default language to define what language the subtitle is in. I can't really check with any auto-detection routine. It would be interesting if an optional flag could be set: "LanguageUnsure" (heh) so the server can post-process it set it right (an email to the user would be nice, but not necessary).

6.-I've considered setting up a kind of mirror-facility where queries are done to my server and it in turn queries back to OS but caches files so as to not download them again. This could help you save bandwith. I have no idea if this is useful to you or I should avoid it.

7.-I know I'm repetitive but is there any plan or calendar for TV Series Support?

8.-Have you considered setting up mirrors of OS? I could offer to host one if there's a need for it.

9.-Currently users need to register in http://www.opensubtitles.com/en/newuser . Have you consideried adding the ability to register through the API? It would be nice for programs to allow that step to be completed from within the application itself.

I can explain any of this better, if you wish.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Anti-leech limits and other questions

Fri May 23, 2008 10:03 am

1. 100 downloads for 12 hours per IP, there is no limit I think, but out search result is limited to 250 results

2. in other thread :)

3. I dont know, if you can, send me some examples, when it returns 1 or 3.

4. http://trac.opensubtitles.org/projects/ ... kMovieHash

5. yes, this should be possible, I write this request to trac plz.

6. not needed, traffic is ok

7. really hard to say, I think it will not be soon :( I need some help, I am searching for PHP programmers.

8.l not needed right now, but maybe in future.

9. thats right, you can write it in trac, I will do that. But confirmation mails must be confirmed anyway :)

eduo

Re: Anti-leech limits and other questions

Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:40 pm

I've noticed there is a lot of errors in IMDB matching. They are all probably errors on the IMDB input or search.

Example:

Alien 3 has a weird character there. I'm assuming bad encoding.
*batteries not included has the asterisk escaped (it shouldn't)
Aliens is named "Ass Aliens", which I'm sure is a pr0n movie
The Replacements is mislabeled as a TV Series ("The L Word")
Tremors 4 is labeled like Tremors.

As you may imagine I'm trying to use IMDB matching to rename the files (mine are already renamed, that's how I know they are correct :)

Is there a way to directly send a report for a IMDB that is mismatched? Mistmatches should be removed immediately.

Also, why are some titles surrounded by quotes and not others?

Lastly: Will we get a flag for TV series?

eduo

Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:57 am

Funny. I have found out that most TV Series have double quotes in their names, whereas almost none of the Movies do.

Is this on purpose or a "glitch" because of something else? I find it very interesting. :) It's like a "secret" marker for TV Shows ;)

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:08 am

hi eduo ,right now I am on holiday in Signapure, I met our great developer of subdownloader capiscuas - for the first time in life - so there will be subdownloader v2.0 soon, which is good news. Bad news - I dont have time now to answer your questions deeply, but as you can see, movies with double quotes are ALWAYS TV series - it is same as on IMDB - so yes, tthats indicator it is TV Series.

For that reporting and other stuff we will talk later :)

Sol Eol looks nice!

Return to “Developing”