Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
raptor66ck

HELP NEEDED

Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:51 pm

guys i am new in this area and i have no idea how to use subtitles. i tried the rename thing but it didn't work. well, let's say that i rip a dvd to my hard drive. all files are converted to vob and ifo. let's suppose i take the subtitles (sub), but they do not work with the movie. i play movies on my pc with power dvd.and what do i need to do in order to burn the movie later with the subtitles to a new disk so that it can be playable in most dvd players? thanks a lot (in advance)

johnvana

Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:59 pm

to: raptor66ck
You must add srt sub's before you convert films in AVI format to DVD-VOB format.
Example: download AVI(film) and SRT(sub)
put them in the same map (folder-directory) and use for example AVIDVDburner (website with the same name) to convert the AVI to DVD format and the sub's will be automatic included in your conversion wich you can burn to DVD, or play on your PC.
(name them for example film1.avi and film1.srt !!) :)
Good luck!
Johnvana from Belgium(Europe)

hamsa87

Help me

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Hello

I would like to translate subtitle of the golden compass but I don't understand the words. I know English but I don't understand the sentences.

In the subtitle: "- Until then then" > in the movie: "-See you like again" :/ Hmm...

And this is not one.There are a lot of wrong in the subtitle. And I don't understand always the speaks because I am not English just I learn it.

Please, somebody write me a subtitle because I don't know translate just hard and slow.

Thank you very much

giannid

Re: HELP NEEDED

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:44 pm

guys i am new in this area and i have no idea how to use subtitles. i tried the rename thing but it didn't work. well, let's say that i rip a dvd to my hard drive. all files are converted to vob and ifo. let's suppose i take the subtitles (sub), but they do not work with the movie. i play movies on my pc with power dvd.and what do i need to do in order to burn the movie later with the subtitles to a new disk so that it can be playable in most dvd players?
The subtitles on this site generally work with divx/xvid files with the extension of .avi, .divx, or .mp4. To play them on a DVD player you need to have a DVD player that plays mp4 files like divx/xvid.

If you don't have a divx dvd player, You should back up your dvd by using something like DVDFab HD Decrypter and/or DVDshrink.

If you have doubts, you should ask in the forum at www.videohelp.com

Return to “General talk”