Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
agibaer

Subdownloader - Just takes all subtitles, not hash...

Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:03 pm

Hi!

Following problem: When I use subdownloader, it hashes the movie I chose then presents me with the found subs.
Problem is, there seem to be random subtitles, p.e. for a 1CD AXXO release I get pukkah subs as well as subs for 2cd releases.
Why is that?

oss
Site Admin

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:38 pm

it should be because someone sends bad hashes for that subtitles. you can use just report function (rightclick in subdownloader) to report bad hash, and those hashes will be deleted.

agibaer

Tue Dec 25, 2007 11:04 am

Than you, I'll do that!

Majky
Site Admin

And also ...

Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:25 am

And also ...

1, just because subtitles have a filename with another release, doesn't mean they won't fit your release. Often the only difference between e.g. AXXO and another release is just the way the video is encoded, so the same subtitles will work just fine for both releases.

2, also some people (when creating subtitles for 2cd releases) include the whole movie in the subtitles for cd1, so sometimes even such subtitles will work for you if you have a 1cd release. just give it a try and see if they are in sync with your release or not. It only takes a second (download, play, skip thru the movie).

Take care ...

Return to “Programs using OS”