Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
heriot

I CANT GET ANY SUBTITLES TO APPEAR

Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:39 pm

Whenever I download any subtitles they never appear on the screen. I have tried using the subtitle downloader program available through this site and it says that it has found the subtitle files but when I download them and watch the movie nothing. The files are fully unpacked and in the same folder as the media file. Whenever I download a subtitle file along with a film they work fine, its only when i download them separately that they dont work. Please help :(

liputra

Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:44 am

Hi Heriot...

I wanna ask you, where did you download the movie along with the subtitle? and how do we know that the movie/film we download had with the subtitle? do you know where to find and download the airwolf tv series that have the subtitle? thanks..

heriot

soloution

Sat Oct 20, 2007 4:35 pm

allot of the films i downloaded that were not in english came with subtitle files, i cant remember where i got them but it seemed more common for me to get subtitles than not. some of the sites i was using was mininova, summo torents, torrentspy. these sites anyone can download from, you dont need to join they can be slow though. Im using demenoid now it seems faster and has more choice....but no subtitles

as far as my own problem goes i think ive solved it, if anyone is interested, vlc has an option to open subtitle file and by using this player i can now watch subtitles. although this solves the problem, it still dosnt explain why mpc only plays subtitles downloaded with the movie. mpc plays more file types than vlc and one of the main reasons for needing subs was to watch from beijing with love but vlc wont play it. guess ill download again which is a shame as it is really small size but very good quality. Cant believe the only soloution posted is from myself.

PS airwolf rocked i remember watching it as a kid. can you get the show and subtitles separately? if so use vlc

Majky
Site Admin

familiarize yourself with MPC

Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:04 pm

here's just a few quick hints to familiarize yourself with MPC when playing videos (with subtitles) using MPC:
1, press Ctrl+L to load a subtitle file manually
2, right-click the video while playing and explore the 'Subtitles' menu item.
3, make sure the 'Enable' option is checked there
4, check menu 'View' --> 'Options' --> 'Output'. Notice the '** required for subtitles' part.

hope this helps ...

MPC is perfectly capable of displaying most of the subtitle formats, so just give it a try.

If it doesn't work automatically, find a way to do it manually and then go on from there. The most important thing is to understand how it works.

regards, Majky ...

P.S. don't use ALL-CAPS next time, please. There's really no need to 'shout' here.

Return to “Programs using OS”