Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
kogyaru

Requests for site improvements

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Greetings,

Thank you for maintaining this subtitles repository.

I have a few requests for site improvements that would help me:

1. An RSS feed so I can check if a given movie has an uploaded subtitle in my language. I appreciate the existence of opensubtitles.org, but it is cumbersome (tiring) to visit the current website and locate the specific movie I want. Fewer clicks = better.

2. A ranking/rating system for subtitles themselves (e.g. "does this sub file suck or not?"). Many English subtitles are poorly spelled, capitalized and/or punctuated. This is because the people writing the subtitles might be in a hurry to upload that they forget how to write English. Bad subtitles can cause a poor viewing experience.

I would appreciate discussion on either point.

Thanks!

oss
Site Admin

Sat Jan 24, 2009 5:10 pm

1. rss exists everywhere, lets say you want know if subtitles for "moviename" exists, just type in search field "moviename" (without quotes) and click rss at bottom.
example:
http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... e/rss_2_00

(I just find out links at bottom are wrong, so thanks for reporting this)

2. you can vote for subtitles, you can mark them as bad, you can comment on them.

Shakurazz

Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:19 pm

Unfortunately for me, when I try to vote for a subtitle, it just doesn't work. When I click on any rating, a message "Rating 0.0, Votes: 0" appears. Even though I've just voted. It can't be "0 votes". I thought that those ratings would appear some time after I vote, but even after a few days "0 Votes". No wonder that there is so little rated subtitles - I guess not only me is experiencing this issue

oss
Site Admin

Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:11 pm

yes, it is bug, have to find out what is going wrong.

Shakurazz

Re: Requests for site improvements

Wed Nov 24, 2010 8:25 pm

Still, bug exists.

Return to “General talk”