Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
edmondyjh

Connecting error upon starting Subdownloader May 16th

Sat May 16, 2009 3:19 pm

Today, I encountered connecting error when i start the subdownloader, but when i try to login to www.opensubtitles.org, it has no problem. Anyone has this type of problem? Any solution?

StarTrekGuy1

Sat May 16, 2009 11:53 pm

I'm having the same problem. I've submitted a bug report. I get the following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/subdownloader/gui/main.py", line 581, in login_user
if self.OSDBServer._login(username, password):
File "/usr/share/subdownloader/modules/SDService.py", line 235, in _login
info = self.xmlrpc_server.LogIn(username, password, self.language, self.user_agent)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'LogIn'
[17:53] ERROR::subdownloader.SDService.SDService # ServerInfo error connection.

Mootchoop

Sun May 17, 2009 2:50 am

i have the same problem, i can't connect to subdownloader 2.0.9.3 (even if i am resgistered!) because of a login error.

chriscc

Mon May 18, 2009 1:58 am

i got the same error also (registered user). I cannot connect and have the follwing error:

- Users online: ERROR
- Login: ERROR

the program was working flawlessly until the last problem with the server. i first thought it was due to the server, but even when OS is online i cannot loggin.

i tried with and without the firewall, it's didn't change anything. please find the log file generated

Code: Select all

[00:42] ERROR::subdownloader.SDService.SDService # Unable to connect. Try setting a proxy. [00:42] ERROR::subdownloader.SDService.SDService # ServerInfo error connection. Traceback (most recent call last): File "gui\main.pyo", line 581, in login_user File "modules\SDService.pyo", line 235, in _login AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'LogIn' [00:43] ERROR::subdownloader.SDService.SDService # Unable to connect. Try setting a proxy.
Thanks for your help

Ps: FYI i tried with sublight and it worked so i guess i can still reach OS through a program. but i rather use subdownloader than Sublight.

Wiggum

Mon May 18, 2009 12:55 pm

Same issue, also with Oscar. All of us have few posts, so inactiveness may be a problem. I guess I know in a few secs :D

oss
Site Admin

Mon May 18, 2009 1:13 pm

if you look on forum, I was writing about SHUTDOWN of XML-RPC, that means all programs doesnt work. it is because servers are overloaded, if I will not shutdown this, website is not accessible at all.

THIS IS TEMPORARY.

we ordered next server, I hope it will be online this week, so I will turn on XMLRPC then.

StarTrekGuy1

Mon May 18, 2009 2:59 pm

Thanks for the reply! I suggest making a sticky in this subforum, though. The only thread I could find in the other subforums is one called "opensubtitles.org is bleeding to death" or something like that, which doesn't really strike one as relevant to this problem (but it's all about the API and server load).

chriscc

Tue May 19, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks OS,

but as startrekguy, a more explicit post on the forum would help the newbies like us that don't necessary know that the connection error come from the XML-RPC being shut down.

Best of luck with the new server.

chris

edmondyjh

Tue May 19, 2009 9:12 am

Hope the new server will online soon...:)

kalhor1366

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:35 pm

i have the same problem, i can't connect to subdownloader 2.0.9.3 (even if i am resgistered!) because of a login error.
Me too :cry:

kalhor1366

Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:36 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:

oss
Site Admin

Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:49 pm

here works everything perfect. website is working for you ?

granjond

Re: Connecting error upon starting Subdownloader May 16th

Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Hello, is the server overloaded again? I'm new here but i can't connect with subdownloader, (connection error).
Can I do something to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Return to “Programs using OS”