Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
killuagdt

Making opensub

Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:42 pm

Hello, I have been downloading subtitles from opensub for a long time and I am always amazed how your site is so convenient. So could anyone please tell me how opensubtitle was created (which software, language...). And how did you make the search so that we can search tittle and go straight to a page containing all the subtitles for that title? Thank you very much.

oss
Site Admin

Re: Making opensub

Wed Jun 09, 2010 6:41 pm

opensubtitles was created from scratch by me, I used texteditor and language is PHP.

for suggestions - thats just simple ajax :) look for jQuery on internet, you will get it.

killuagdt

Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:56 am

I think your site is simply amazing, better than every other subtitles site I know:D. So if you do not mind, may I add you on some Instant Message or facebook so that I can somehow learn anything from you?:D

oss
Site Admin

Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:20 am

thanks. I dont have time for IM, too much busy. If you have some specific problem, just ask me here, or PM

killuagdt

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Ok, thank you very much :D

Return to “Developing”