Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
ANNIS42

HOW DO I PLACE SUBS THAT ARE DIVIDED IN 2 CDs?

Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:59 pm

I AM USING CONVERT X TO DVD . HOW ON EARTH CAN I PLACE THE SUBTITLES THAT ARE DIVIDED IN TWO CD'S (CD1 & CD2) SO THAT THEY WILL FIT IN THE MOVIE AT THE RIGHT POSITION? I AM VERY NEW AT ALL THIS, I WOULD APPRECIATE SOME HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

LuisFilipeBernardes

Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:33 am

Hi,
First you have to download subtitle workshop 4.
Open the second subtitle file together with the video file using this program. The first spoken subtitle will appear as beginning at 1 second (example). You will have to see at what time it appears in the video file which is running (example:53m 23s) and edit and adjust new timings for the first and last spoken subtitles on this second subtitle file. Once adjusted, copy the whole batch of subtitles from this newly adjusted second subtitle file and open the first subtitle file on which you will paste the previous batch (remember to paste it with the cursor on the last spoken subtitle of the first subtitle file.
It sounds complicated, but once you get the knack it's quite easy.

ringoik

Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:04 pm

HI!
I have same problem PLACE THE SUBTITLES THAT ARE DIVIDED IN TWO CD'S (CD1 & CD2)SO THAT THEY WILL FIT IN THE MOVIE AT THE RIGHT POSITION.
After I made everything as LuisFilipeBernardes said-explain I still have problem!
I watch movie with ALLPlayer but now subtitle late for 6-7 seconds from start of movie:
Please help
Thanks!

shantimar

Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:47 am

HI!
I have same problem PLACE THE SUBTITLES THAT ARE DIVIDED IN TWO CD'S (CD1 & CD2)SO THAT THEY WILL FIT IN THE MOVIE AT THE RIGHT POSITION.
After I made everything as LuisFilipeBernardes said-explain I still have problem!
I watch movie with ALLPlayer but now subtitle late for 6-7 seconds from start of movie:
Please help
Thanks!
Are you using Subtitle Workshop 4? There is a way to make subtitles go a little earlier or a little later. All of them, if you select all of them, or just some, or just from a certain point onwards.
First of all watch the movie and mark the moment when the actor speaks and the moment the corresponding subtitle appears. Then calculate exactly how many seconds early or late it is. Do this at several points, to make sure it is consistent throughout the movie, because sometimes the problem starts not at the beginning but at some later point. OK, now you have this info, open Subtitle Workshop 4.
Go to Edit -->Timings and then Set Delay . Or, you can press CTRL+D shortcut. On that window you can set how many seconds later or earlier (+ or -) you want the subtitles to appear. Don't forget to see the little checkbox on the lower left, where it says "All subtitles" or "Selected subtitles only".
Then go to File -- Save or press CTRL+S and close the program. Subtitles should be synchronized!

Return to “General talk”