Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
thstudio

Downloading AVI/DivX or XviD

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Hello to all. This is my first post.
I have downloaded a XviD movie and also the greek subtitles for it.
I want to watch this movie on a consumer DVD player that also supports DivX. What is the best method to do this;
If i burn the subtitles to the AVI movie, with AVI ReComp and then burn (with Nero or ImgBurn)the AVI/XviD to a DVD disk, will this play on the above player;
I know that i can use ConvertXtoDVD or Flick to make a DVD that will play on the DVD player. But if you do this you will have a cost in the quality from the conversion. Am i right; Why not burn the AVI/XviD directly to a DVD disk;
When a consumer DVD player can play AVI/DivX, can it also play AVI/XviD;

scooby007
Site Admin

Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:51 pm

thstudio,

yes it should, if it can play, AVI/DivX, then it should also play AVI/XviD; its basically the same thing. Download the following link to put your subs in the avi file:- http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

Just burn the disc using divx player (it's simple enough)

press the subtitle button whilst watching your burned disc on your player... and voila. The subtitles should appear.

Return to “General talk”