Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
marki555

upload problem

Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:25 am

Hi,
When I try to upload subtitles, I click on Confirm button. It says the subtitles are in db, but it will link them to the movie hash. But when it click OK in this dialog box, the whole Upload dialog disappears, so I have no possibility to upload. (I think it was not uploaded/linked, because on web I see those subtitles still without the subdownloaded yellow star...)
Where is the problem? I'm using subdownloaded 1.2.3.

oss
Site Admin

Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:44 am

ok, I will explain what should be the problem. Whole site is cached, so you see the cached page. If you want be sure to see fresh data, just login, and thats all. When you are logged, every page is created from database (basically no caching allowed).

So now, it has star ?

marki555

Mon Jan 22, 2007 12:45 pm

No :(
It's movie Lawnmower man, 1cd version.
So the described behaviour of subdownloader (clicking Confirm button will display info about linking hash and clicking OK will close the entire upload diaglog without any notification of uploading the hash) is the correct one?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:27 pm

click on "is already" on that dialog, that will open that page and you should see moviesize there. If there is moviesize, everything is OK.

also try to SEARCH subtitles for that movie, if it finds those you "uploaded"

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/search/ ... movie-2293

1. write some URL (of those subtitles or...)
2. if problem persist, send me those subtitles to admin at opensubtitles.org and I will look on them

thanks.

marki555

Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks for the reply, I hope that now I understand it more...

When there is moviesize in the subtitle details, it means it has hash linked. correct?

The Confirm dialog box is the same no matter if the subtitles already found in db have a hash linked or not. Correct? Or is it different?

BTW is there any option for mass-upload? I mean check all movies in a directory and give dialog boxes for those which subtitles are not in db yet?

oss
Site Admin

Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:04 pm

When there is moviesize in the subtitle details, it means it has hash linked. correct?
exactly
The Confirm dialog box is the same no matter if the subtitles already found in db have a hash linked or not. Correct? Or is it different?
exactly. Maybe it should be changed, so user will know, if he really helped or not :) (but you cant know without trying that:)
BTW is there any option for mass-upload? I mean check all movies in a directory and give dialog boxes for those which subtitles are not in db yet?
not yet, but we need this feature too, so it is in TODO list. It should work like wizard...you select directory, SubDownloader recursive scans it, you will confirm things, upload, next directory...and so on. There must be user confirmation anyway. Also, in 1.2.4 will be context menu, you will right click on srt, upload subtitles...thats it :)

capiscuas

Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am

We have removed the CONFIRM button in the 2nd version of subdownloader.
Please try it.

https://launchpad.net/subdownloader/+download

magyarbondi

DISABLED?

Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi

I try to upload my own subs through Subdownloader. When I click on the "view info" button after upload, sometimes I get an error message on the page: "These subtitles were disabled, you should not use them".

How can they be disabled when they are fresh and new?? :roll:

Edit:
hmm... I'm getting suspicious here. The subs are for a series. I've just uploaded two of them successfully... and under the subtitle info I found a "disable" option.
I don't really seem to understand the way OS works, so could it mean that someone else has uploaded them before me and disabled them on purpose? (Just to take the mickey, I mean, by disabling the same hash code. I've already published the subs on a local site a couple of days earlier.)

oss
Site Admin

Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:09 pm

this is maybe bug, I have to look on that. It is possible, it first search a hash, then it found the hash, actual subtitles are not uploaded, because there was already same subtitles, but they was already disabled for some reason...

but I am sure, if you search subs for that movie, you can find subtitles already...

magyarbondi

Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:20 pm

Yes, there are subtitles for the film(s), as my partner-in-translation has already uploaded them. But they are made for a different release name. We had 2 different sets of the same subs timed for two different release names. I don't think that's a problem.

I'll PM you the details if you need them.

Return to “Programs using OS”