Forum rules
Under no circumstances is spamming or advertising of any kind allowed. Do not post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate others security. Profanity or any kind of insolent behavior to other members (regardless of rank) will not be tolerated. Remember, what you don’t find offensive can be offensive to other members. Please treat each other with the kind of reverence you’d expect from other members.
Failure to comply with any of the above will result in users being banned without notice. If any further details are needed, contact: “The team” using the link at the bottom of the forum page. Thank you.
edumatt

Jibberish

Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 am

I download Hebrew .srt subs with no problem. Once I transfer them to CD or DVD with Nero, they appear as jibberish. I imagine this happens with other non-Latin alphabet languages as well. Any suggestions? :cry:

LeapinLar

Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:44 pm

edumatt,

If you have a Divx compatible player you can convert the .srt subs to XSubs which are actually pictures of the characters and does not need the fonts to be built into the player.

You can do this by getting the free program AVIAddXSubs.exe here:

http://www.calcitapp.com/AVIAddXSubs.php

This program will creative a divx (avi) file that has the Hebrew character subs attached directly to the avi file. The program works with several languages and character sets and I assume it works well with Hebrew. It works great with English. I use it all the time.

LeapinLar

Return to “Programs using OS”